Abbott Diabetes Care Optium Xceed
The Abbott Diabetes Care Optium Xceed is simple and effective blood glucose meter the helps people with diabetes to manage their condition.
Optium Xceed Features
Featuring a large backlit display and an extensive memory that can return averages, the Optium Xceed requires a tiny blood sample size of just 0.3 μL.
Due to the small blood sample size, the Optium Xceed returns results using the shallowest depth setting on the lancing device, meaning testing is less painful.
The Optium Xceed can return a test result in three seconds, one of the fastest meters on the market.
The Optium Xceed also features ketone testing, providing the extra reassurance that some people with diabetes need.
Some insulin-using diabetics face greater risks of ketoacidosis, including:
- Insulin pumpers
- Pregnant women
Detecting rising blood ketone levels at an early stage allows prompt action, before damaging DKA forms.
The Abbott Diabetes Care Optium Xceed uses Optium Plus test strips for self-testing.
These improved test strips automatically calibrate the blood glucose meter to use new strips.
Abbott Diabetes Care Optium Xceed Technical Information
- Simple blood glucose testing
- Large backlit display
- Large memory with averaging
- Ketone testing for extra reassurance
- Strips: Abbott Optium Plus test strips and the meter automatically re-programs and calibrates the meter to use new test strips.
- Batteries: The meter requires one replaceable #2032, 3 volt, lithium battery that should last for 1,000 tests.
- Support: You can join Abbott’s 'Friends for life' programme which has more than 50,000 members in the UK. This provides support and entitles you to free replacements of things like batteries.
- Contact: 0500-467-466 (UK) or 1800-77-66-33 (ROI). Lines are open Monday - Friday, 8.00am to 5.30pm.
Product guide written by Diabetes Expert Sue Marshall.