The CONTOUR meter from Bayer Diabetes Care helps people with diabetes to improve their diabetes control and become expert testers.
The Contour blood glucose meter from Bayer is pre-set to a basic level of control, meaning you can simply take a blood sample and get a result you can trust in just five seconds helping you gain better control of your diabetes.
As you get more confident and want increased control, you can update your meter settings and use lots of added features.
Pre and post meal markers
If you activate level two you can take advantage of extra benefits such as 7, 14 & 30-day averages, so you can look at long and short-term trends in your results. There are also pre- and post-meal markers, so you can quickly identify trends in your mealtime readings.
The meter comes with an in-built, adjustable post-meal alarm for you to set in order to give yourself a reminder not to forget to test. It’s personal Hi and Lo target results can be set for your own needs, highlighting tests that are above or below your target.
The discreet and fast CONTOUR meter lets people with diabetes test their blood glucose levels within five seconds. It is as simple as inserting the CONTOUR strip and testing.
This feature of the CONTOUR provides the same easy testing as well as the ability to activate flexible meal markers and test reminders. This makes tracking meal-time glucose readings easier, and also supports insulin dose decisions.
Every Bayer Diabetes Care CONTOUR meter comes complete with a MICROLET®2. This lancing device is specially designed to be gentle.
The fully adjustable end cap allows the individual to set the lancing depth. The lancing device is simple and compact, featuring a large release button and an easy-grip surface. The design allows one-handed lancing designed for less painful testing.
Furthermore, the MICROLET®2 includes simple colour coding to make it easier to remember when to change lancets.
The CONTOUR meter also features 7, 14 and 30 day averages. This allows regular blood glucose testers to look at their long and short term trends.
Independent research has found that some blood glucose meters can be up to 43% inaccurate. The CONTOUR provides accurate readings without coding.
Bayer Diabetes Care No Coding™ technology ensures automatic coding ith each new test strip. The CONTOUR provides a way to manage diabetes through testing your blood glucose regularly.
The CONTOUR is designed for trouble-free, simple testing helping people with diabetes to take their own readings and gain better control of their diabetes.
Contour Product Contents
- Contour Blood Glucose Meter
- Contour User Guide
- Warranty Card
Contour Product Information
- No coding required
- 5 second test time
- Pre/post meal test marking for better glucose control
- 0.6 blood sample size, alternative site testing, palm or forearm
- 480 test result memory with 14 day average
- STRIPS: The Contour uses Contour test strips.
- DATA: Data can be downloaded with Bayer’s WinglucoFAX software. Cable required (not supplied, request from customer care).
- BATTERIES REQUIRED: Uses 2 CR2032, 3V lithium batteries (included)
- SUPPORT: Diabetes support is available from Bayer on 0845 600 6030 (UK) or 1 890 920 111 (Ireland).
Contour Features and Benefits
- Accuracy: No Coding™ technology makes it easier to get an accurate reading at each test.
- Bottle design keeps strips fresh up to 6 months after opening.
- Meter automatically turns on when test strip is inserted and is ready to test.
With contributions from Diabetes Expert Sue Marshall.