1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Profile Posts

HelenQueen
    HelenQueen
    Anyone else having problems getting their libre sensors from the pharmacy! Mine says it’s a manufacturing problem. I’m in Scotland
    1. Hertfordshiremum
      Hertfordshiremum
      Yes I am in Hertfordshire and Hobbs are saying delayed delivery from manufacturer, should have been in last week, the one I am wearing runs out in 2 days.
      Jan 22, 2020 at 10:09 PM
    too_sweet
    too_sweet
    What do you think about new glucose monitoring devices like holographic tattoo or contact lenses?
    sleepster
    sleepster
    Finally getting started on levothyroxine and being very optimistic about it
    1. Juicyj likes this.
    2. Juicyj
      Juicyj
      It took me a few weeks to really adjust but it was great to not feel so tired all the time, hope you see results soon :)
      Jan 21, 2020 at 3:18 PM
      sleepster likes this.
    3. sleepster
      sleepster
      Jan 21, 2020 at 6:10 PM
    VikingMermaid
    VikingMermaid
    Assume pre-diabetic: significant weight-gain past 2-3 years, espec around middle (shocker!), always fatigued, always hungry, always thirsty!
    fac8608
    fac8608
    Type 2 metformin controlled
    S3Proto
    Juicyj
    Juicyj
    Get my new pump next week, whoop whoop, keep on pumping !
    1. Diakat likes this.
    baljitgill
    baljitgill
    Type 2, 5 yrs. 55y, 9 st, metformin. HBA down 62 from 65 in Nov. Now it's 90, appt tomora. Any advice on what I should be asking etc. Thanks
    baljitgill
    baljitgill
    Type 2, 5years
    NitinHP
    NitinHP JoKalsbeek
    Loved your blog 'nutritional thingy'. A very easy and supportive read.

Bread is history
    1. JoKalsbeek likes this.
    carol43
    carol43 JTL
    Hi JTL. You have today posted about trying CBD oil for Parkinsons. Do you any idea how much should be taken? OH has Parkinsons which is getting progressively worse. He now can no longer walk any distance and has hallucinations from the medicine.
    diabymum
    diabymum
    Type 1. 33years.
    WAGR57
    WAGR57
    Skinny Fat T2 10 years
    Lee.m
    Lee.m
    Hello everyone my name is lee and I was diagnosed yesterday with type 2.
    WAGR57
    WAGR57 Moderator6
    For example: A posting I put up is "Skinny Fat T2 for 10 years and never knew it" Would a discussion about fasting go in this posting or should I make a new posting? Also is there a definition page for all the acronyms being used? Thanks for your time.
    1. Juicyj
      Juicyj
      Hello this is a dormant account your posting on so not used - please post on the main forum, let me know if you need any info with acronyms and I can let you know, happy to help and welcome :)
      Jan 12, 2020
    WAGR57
    WAGR57 Moderator6
    Hi, new to this forum( All forums actually). I have questions about how to use this. I have several topics related to T2s that are of normal weight and have never been over weight (also known as skinny fat). Would a post be considered a topic or do you put several topics under one post.
    Lindap118
    Lindap118
    T2 diagnosed 21 Nov 2019 HBA1c 50
    The Danish Diabetic Dude 1987
    The Danish Diabetic Dude 1987
    Danish guy, living in Copenhagen. Been having type 1 since I was 14 years. New here. Happy to have found this forum. Open for any questions.
    1. Juicyj likes this.
    Gazzamius
    Gazzamius Annb
    Hi Ann B please o please give me the recipe for that delicious looking oxtail plate. been keto for a couple of years now. fat adapted and it helps my Type 2 DM. that looks amazing annb and also love the western highlands. . last time i went up there was to loch torridon. if i could move there i would. thanks in advance . best wishes and happy new year Gaz
    rjs2806
    rjs2806
    On here with my 13yr old daughter who has T1D
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook