1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Profile Posts

Me1bee
    Me1bee
    Positive thinking gets you everywhere :)
    Red59
    Red59
    Type 2 - new to the forum
    Red59
    MrNiceGuy
    MrNiceGuy
    Wake up! It was all just a nightmare!
    MrNiceGuy
    Gall61
    Gall61
    Preventing high blood/sugar levels
    Davidmem
    Davidmem
    Sei in sich selbst sicher und gib nicht nach
    Davidmem
    Davidmem
    Strachan1
    Key_master_
    Key_master_
    Eye test and swimming this morning, taking a slice of my low carb chocolate marble cake to costa to have with a nice coffee later.
    Janet6800
    Janet6800 mike_mxm
    Hello Mike! this sounds wonderful as I am just learning about prediabetes and my youngest son has Type 2 diabetes. I dk how to read blood sugar or what A1c is. He sabotages himself by not eating properly, not exercising and refuses to listen or implement advice from those that want to help him. Going downhill to a crisis so I am hoping this forum and app if approved will help. Janet 6800
    1. mike_mxm
      mike_mxm
      Hi Janet, thank you for your message. I am currently asking permission from the forum admin to discuss this further with the community, and of course I would love to speak with you if allowed. If the forum is happy for me to talk openly about our app/service I will be in touch. I hope this will be soon, but I wish you all the best in the mean time. Mike
      Sep 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM
    Janet6800
    Janet6800
    prediabetic 68 yrs young
    jonjaz
    jonjaz
    Herding cats and plating fog are easy compared to controlling diabetes!
    Strachan1
    Strachan1
    Newly diagnosed age 53
    cherylt1d
    cherylt1d azure
    hi azure, I'm trying to post via the forum app but keep getting the notification "your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later"??
    I go onto laptop and can post pending approval?
    Any help much appreciated :)
    1. azure
      azure
      Hi : ) Sorry you're having problems. There have been some glitches in the app. If you're able to use your laptop for now then that would be best, but if you try again with the app over the weekend and it's still not working, can you let me know and I'll report it to the tech team for you.
      Best wishes,
      Azure
      Sep 14, 2017
    Davidmem
    Davidmem
    oleluis
    oleluis mentat
    I have been diabetic for 20 years and I have a 2 year old boy with diabetes. This type of application would help me a lot with my watch Samsung gear S3, could you send me the application to test it, and how to install it?

Thanks to people like yu that make life easier for us
    tom58
    tom58
    Type 1 since 1964
    mike_mxm
    mike_mxm Administrator
    Hi. I've made a free app for people affected by diabetes, whether you have the condition or someone close to you does. It makes recording and sharing blood results with loved ones much easier.

I'm keen to talk with the community and would love permission to post in the forum, asking questions and eventually linking to the website so that people can learn more about it. Would this be appropriate?

Best wishes,
    Mike
    1. Janet6800 likes this.
    2. DCUKMod
      DCUKMod
      Mike - As a member of the Admin Team, I can pick this up for you. I will send you a PM.
      Sep 16, 2017 at 10:05 AM
    oonamashta
    oonamashta
    As part of an article I want to contact Uk people who have used Endobarrier Oona (oonamashta@btinternet.com)
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook