What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Milk Coffee
B Bacon Egg and Tomato
S Milk Coffee
L Cheese and Nuts
S Milk Coffee
D Grilled Fish
S Tasty Cheese Stick

Carbs 27g

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
B: 400 ml good green stuff, 600 ml water, 2 to spoons chia seeds

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not strictly eaten, but bought 4 lbs of Aberdeen Angus beef burger from the butcher at Tesco in Cambridge their 30% offer finishes today, so freeze away and save £3 - what am I like.

D

debrasue

B: Chocolate chia pudding & black cherries
L: Sukrin low-carb roll with butter & Marmite, cheddar cheese; raspberries
D (will be): Ribeye steak, BBQ'd chicken thighs, mixed salad, garlic bread; strawberries & cream
BBQ with the family this evening (hollow laughter - it's been chucking it down with rain for the past 2 hours). Lots of thunder about too - I LOVE a good thunderstorm. :playful:

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B egg bacon mushrooms and slice of low life bread
D salami cheese salad
T chicken and veg pinched a sausage off hubby plate
Yogurt and a piece of 90 percent choclate
Debating wether to have a Pilsner mmm

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, some silly woman (a low carb nutritionalist of high reputation) made some wittery comment that i read today. She eats 70 % choc and 'its OK cos half the carbs are fibre'

:banghead::banghead::banghead: So, OF COURSE that gave me carte blanche to snaffle twice my usual choc snaffling, didn't it?
Until i realised that this pesky woman probably lives in a part of the world where carbs and fibre are listed together.
Humph.
So that blew today by, um... Gosh... +10g carbs :rolleyes: Hahaha!

B: coffeencream
L: salad with tuna and cheese and hard boiled egg
S: aforementioned choc
D: 3 eggs and kale

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cup of tea.
L: was out going to car boot and B&Q, so popped in to lidi and got a egg mayonnaise sandwich (stupid really and it tasted as bad as a hospital sandwich).
D: couple of chicken drumsticks, strawberries.
In bed with pain now. At least my garden is looking healthy, even if I don't feel it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D: KFC original recipe x 2 pieces

On way home from Leipzig, starving hungry and very few options (I said no way to McDs or Pizza Hut!!). Thankfully monitor buried in luggage so won't know (well until tomorrow am) how bad my numbers are ...

But sometimes you just gotta eat not going to beat myself up too much - and will be having red wine on flight home, even if I did spill it on my beige cords on the flight over LOL

This weekend reminded me just how much you need to prep when travelling! I'll be more on track next time

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Cheese and blueberries for breakfast, Niçoise salad for lunch and a lidl HP roll with 1.5 lean sausages for tea. Reading up from 5.3 to 6.2 after tea but so good to eat some bread!

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's B: Overnight chocolate chia pudding
L: Courgetti with red Thai curry sauce with black eyes peas, broccoli and tomatoes, some spicy olives
D: Herbal tea (fasting day)

I am going to have a pack of Slim Pasta later today, as I was just too curious when it was on special offer yesterday...

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: 300 ml of Good Green Stuff. 600ml if water and Chia.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else LOVING salads at the mo?
It must be the weather, because they are usually too cold and clammy for me. But at the moment I am actually craving the cool crunch.
Long may it last!

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Saturdays menu
B Peanut butter and cheese / lidl roll
S 1pkt pork scratchings / a few cashew nuts / half a banana
L Egg / sausage / mushrooms in butter
D 1 minted lamb chop / cauli and broccoli cheese

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
It must be the weather, because they are usually too cold and clammy for me. But at the moment I am actually craving the cool crunch.
Long may it last!
Hi Brunneria, I know what you mean about the salads, I have to be in the mood for salads, Sometimes I don't even want to think about them and then on the other hand I can get a craving for them all the time. weird!!!!!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think my carb fest in Germany (well KFC at least!) has carried on today - ravenous!

B: spinach, ham hock, poached eggs, hollandaise (good start!)
L: rocket, sun dried tomatoes, cheese, cottage cheese, bit of balsamic ... BG 8.5 2 hours after :(
S: 6 hotel chocolat chocolates, 2 bags of pork scratchings, some OPPO low carb ice cream, some cheddar cheese, glass of red wine, Annas cappuccino thins (low carb but I ate 10+) ... (see, ravenous - and honest!)

D: will be chicken crown, asparagus and seasonal veg - so a good end to the day!

Decided that exercise is my key, haven't swam since Thursday am - everything gone to pot and feeling a bit down (again), just have to be even more focused and prepare more when travelling ;)

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Long may it last!

Yes, with different greens and lots of olive oil!

B: Overnight chia chocolate coconut pudding
L: Slim Pasta with Thai red curry (incl. black eyed peas, broccoli and tomatoes) Upshot: These noodles are not for me. I can live with the smell, but the texture was off, very much like rubber
D: Big Spring salad with a bit of tahini, lots of olive oil and some spicy olives, dessert was rhubarb stewed with vanilla and eaten with kefir. My comment: This was sour + sour. I guess the rhubarb will go better with double cream.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yesterday
B-water, green tea and supplements
L-none (too busy shifting 16ton of concrete around extension footings, glad I'm not a builder lol)
D- belly pork, 3 good sausages, some cream cheese and some yoghurt. Also had 2 large

Today
B-same as usual
L-good omelette with leftover sausages
D-steak, cream cheese & garlic stuffed mushrooms, coleslaw
P- peanut butter fudge (whoever posted this awhile back thank you, it's delicious every now and then)

Reactions: 6 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Nothing yet today...but yesterday..
Had odd nibble of cheese, nuts and tomato through out the day
Dinner: had test run of my new barbeque...and had little piece of steak and slightly larger piece of smoked salmon with broccoli..and some G.yogurt and berries :hungry:
OMG!....the smoked salmon nearly made me pass out with pleasure..:D...I like smoked fish in general, but boy, it was so good. After long fasting session it was flavour explosion in a mouth..and I was back in my native country...'sitting side of lake..eating freshly court fish..cooking it on side of open fire..(oh those memories).
Going back to fishmongers today to get some more to smoke....'adiction, here we come..':rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
300ml Good Green Stuff, but C 2 table spns of chia and 600 ml water.