Diabetes is stupid

Miko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hate my life so much since I got diagnosed , I wish there was a cure so much I want a cure badly :( And this diabetes , I dont deserve it NOONE DOES! Its living hell. Its worst. I had a happy life until I got diagnosed. my parents shout at me when I cry because they think im doing it on purpose and its hard for them too. All of this **** because of stupid illness. And what do scientists do? NOTHING. There is no cure out yet , because this illness is BUSINESS THATS WHY. Scientists prefer to spread this illness everywhere than cure it. Its not worth the money for them. It doesnt make sense for them. We are just making money for them having to go through this pain. Im sorry :( I dont want diabetes so much.

Deb1million

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Miko
I'm sorry that you feel so bad since your diagnosis. It comes as a shock at your, almost teen age, just when you're used to the freedom of eating whatever you want. Now you have to do injections and blood tests and watch your diet. I've been type 1 on insulin since I was 4, going back 50 years now, so I know what you're feeling. But it will get easier. Once you are used to balancing your carbs and insulin, it will be a breeze, believe me. It's just hard at the beginning.
When I was your age, there was no quick finger prick blood tests, I had to pee in a pot, then use a test tube to measure 5 drops of pee and water, add a tablet and wait while it fizzed and changed colour! Now that's a pain! And the needles were nothing like the extra fine things we have now, I had to sterilise all my kit and assemble it for each shot. The needles were much thicker, and had to be reused many, many times, until I could feel how blunt it was by the pain caused. The disposable kit we use now is painless and comes already sterile, so I think it's brilliant.
I did go through a rebellious time in my teens, eating loads of chocolate and other stuff when nobody was looking, but feeling so ill with high sugar afterwards, I didn't like the feeling so gave that up.
So here I am after 50 years, trying to tell you that you will feel better once you are in control of the diabetes, and don't let it stop you doing anything! I've had an amazing life and I'm sure you will, too! Scientists are working on trying to find a cure all the time, and I think it won't be long now. Good luck. X

edithh23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Deb1million
Is write.
diabetes does suck but it's just something we get through and deal with.
I have been diagnosed for 4 months now and it is starting to get better.

The thing you need to remember is that it doesn't really change anything. You carb count and does insulin and once you get a pump it will probably get a lot easier(for some.)

When it gets tough and hard to deal with then ask someone to lend a hand.
Find a friend maybe who either understands what you are going through or is willing to support you.
And it will get easier!!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Miko
I'm sorry that you feel so bad since your diagnosis. It comes as a shock at your, almost teen age, just when you're used to the freedom of eating whatever you want. Now you have to do injections and blood tests and watch your diet. I've been type 1 on insulin since I was 4, going back 50 years now, so I know what you're feeling. But it will get easier. Once you are used to balancing your carbs and insulin, it will be a breeze, believe me. It's just hard at the beginning.
When I was your age, there was no quick finger prick blood tests, I had to pee in a pot, then use a test tube to measure 5 drops of pee and water, add a tablet and wait while it fizzed and changed colour! Now that's a pain! And the needles were nothing like the extra fine things we have now, I had to sterilise all my kit and assemble it for each shot. The needles were much thicker, and had to be reused many, many times, until I could feel how blunt it was by the pain caused. The disposable kit we use now is painless and comes already sterile, so I think it's brilliant.
I did go through a rebellious time in my teens, eating loads of chocolate and other stuff when nobody was looking, but feeling so ill with high sugar afterwards, I didn't like the feeling so gave that up.
So here I am after 50 years, trying to tell you that you will feel better once you are in control of the diabetes, and don't let it stop you doing anything! I've had an amazing life and I'm sure you will, too! Scientists are working on trying to find a cure all the time, and I think it won't be long now. Good luck. X
I hate my life so much since I got diagnosed , I wish there was a cure so much I want a cure badly :( And this diabetes , I dont deserve it NOONE DOES! Its living hell. Its worst. I had a happy life until I got diagnosed. my parents shout at me when I cry because they think im doing it on purpose and its hard for them too. All of this **** because of stupid illness. And what do scientists do? NOTHING. There is no cure out yet , because this illness is BUSINESS THATS WHY. Scientists prefer to spread this illness everywhere than cure it. Its not worth the money for them. It doesnt make sense for them. We are just making money for them having to go through this pain. Im sorry :( I dont want diabetes so much.

Hi there, so sorry to read that you are feeling down and out, it's a hard slog at times, not easy and so very hard for younger ones to see a light at the end of the tunnel and yes there's is hope.............many, including myself have had type 1 for decades. I had my now teenager, but there has been times, recently, when I hated it and blamed everything on it. I got through it.
Many of us are looking for that eureka moment, when a cure or another less invasive way to cope with and control type 1. Don't ever give up, don't let diabetes take over your life, don't be engulfed by it, you can get through this, please try. Is there anyone you can talk to, a teacher, a family member, a good friend. You could write all the negative you think of regarding diabetes down on paper and then tear it up and throw it in the bin or flush it down the toilet.
Have a look at this link, it may help you help you.
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Teens/Fun-stuff/People-like-me/Your-stories-in-brief/

Take good care, don't let diabetes stop you from doing anything, as you are the one in charge and not the diabetes.
With my best wishes RRB

Last edited:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Miko I recognise your frustration. And I feel for you. I felt like this too, and heck, I still have days - more than days - and over 30 years on from my own diagnosis - when I still DO feel like this.

It's okay that you feel like this today, really it is. We are all allowed to have bad days - not just diabetes, I mean, but all that other stuff like sleeping through the alarm, running out of teabags when all you want in the world is a cup of tea, missing the bus, someone jumping the queue at the petrol station, a colleague at work or a friend at school saying something really mean just because they feel like it. And other things too. Having a bad day is allowed, and so is feeling like this. It's true. We wouldn't be human otherwise, would we?

Right? But with your diabetes, it's important to know that you will not always feel like this. As you and your family - because they are dealing with it too, in a different way - get used to having diabetes in your lives, you will find that you will gradually begin to feel more positive. That is, I assure you, inevitable. And a good thing too.

Welcome to the forum. Take on board all the information out there, and use it in a way that works for you. It will be trial and error, and there will be frustrations on the way, believe me. But there is absolutely no reason why you can't take as firm a grip on this wheel of handling diabetes as you can. You are strong. You can DO this.

Give yourself a break, and do the best you can. Get advice from your DSN, do lots of testing (have you heard of the Freestyle Libre?), seek comfort from parents and friends, including the many friends you will find on here.

We are all different, and there is no such thing as perfection - or indeed, at the moment, a cure. But there are many, many research scientists, drug companies, focus group participants, product testers and healthcare professionals all working very, very hard to kick this ball into touch. That's true too.

Until there IS a cure, we can all just do the best we can. Even though it's hard, and even though at 1.08am today it perhaps felt to you to be impossible.

Chin up. One day at a time. Yes, it's hard. But take a deep breath and tell yourself that you have the power to deal with this.

Trust me. You CAN.

Love Snapsy
:)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hey miko
just a big hug from me -- you don't deserve this -- none of us do.
maybe if you keep talking here on the forum we can help you to feel more positive.
xx

Miko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If god exists Why do we all have to suffer this stupid thing?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
that is a very hard one to answer Miko

you have some humans here to help the best we can if you can let us

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Miko

I have been through exactly what you are going through right now. And it was probably around the same age as you too. But I got through it - and u will too.

I always asked myself why me, just as u are right now.

But as everyone else has said, you will eventually feel more positive, and not let it take over your life. Yeah, it does suck - but not all of the time.

Try and find someone close to talk to. And if u don't feel like you can, maybe speak with your diabetic nurse about how you are feeling. She can advise you and maybe point you in the direction of someone that you can speak to.

Do you have a school nurse? My daughter is 14 (so similar age to you) and at her school there is an amazing school nurse, that the pupils can speak to about absolutely anything. Ask at school if you have one available - it might help you.

As himtoo said in his comment, there are lots of us humans on here that are happy to help and listen to you.

Take each day as it comes.
You need to concentrate on enjoying life as a child right now, and having as much fun as possible right now! leave it to the adults around you to worry about your diabetes. You will be fine, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dude, they probably are trying but whatever they do, it doesn't work.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
or they might be bust with the planet stuff and things that aren't diabetes

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Miko

I have been through exactly what you are going through right now. And it was probably around the same age as you too. But I got through it - and u will too.

I always asked myself why me, just as u are right now.

But as everyone else has said, you will eventually feel more positive, and not let it take over your life. Yeah, it does suck - but not all of the time.

Try and find someone close to talk to. And if u don't feel like you can, maybe speak with your diabetic nurse about how you are feeling. She can advise you and maybe point you in the direction of someone that you can speak to.

Do you have a school nurse? My daughter is 14 (so similar age to you) and at her school there is an amazing school nurse, that the pupils can speak to about absolutely anything. Ask at school if you have one available - it might help you.

As himtoo said in his comment, there are lots of us humans on here that are happy to help and listen to you.

Take each day as it comes.
You need to concentrate on enjoying life as a child right now, and having as much fun as possible right now! leave it to the adults around you to worry about your diabetes. You will be fine, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app
Or maybe a diabetes psychologist

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

Hi. You are not just feeling low about it all (which is totally natural), you are also very angry about it (which is also a very natural reaction...particularly for someone so young). I certainly can't answer the God question for you...nobody but you can do that..because to be honest, nobody knows and anyone who says they do is really just talking about what they believe. I also think that so much in life is about money...and where that money goes/doesn't go...and there not much we can do about that either- all very frustrating. Doctors...and chemists..and medical researchers... now I do know that they are real and that if they did get more money/resources, they probably would be more capable of helping us with solutions. I think your best move, Miko, is to use all that anger (which can be areal energy) in attacking this diabetes and it's impact on you by dominating it as best you can...by making it a small thing in your life...but showing it who is boss - YOU. The way to do that is to read and check online and ask questions here so you know the best way to handle it. If you and I get to some heaven type place (and frankly your chance is better than mine, mate), we can both ask this God guy what the hell he is playing at and give him a real hard time for it all. Deal? Meantime - let's focus on just stepping on its ugly head and making it weak.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Though there is no 'said cure' and I hate it too, I do look at it like insulin injections ARE replacing an organ. Some organs can't be replaced and we would just die. At least we have some control when we choose to.

Not all cancer patients can take chemotherapy and live. Not all people with brain tumours can take tiny shots and survive. Type one stinks, no doubt but we all have choices and the means to control it. There are many other diseases that no matter what the patient dose the outcome is not so good

I'm not at all happy with diabetes but I TRY to look on the positive side as often as I can. I certainly have my meltdowns but these were the cards I was dealt so I'll do what I have to. It certainly will make us all stronger

Be brave. Be strong. Know you're not alone. We sympathies and understand. We don't want it either. We want all of us to do the best we can, each day, some will be better than others. Be happy on good days and love yourself on the bad. It's not your fault. Try to be happy.

Above all, this forum and its genuine caring members will be here for you any minute of every day. Fear not reaching out

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Miko - you're right. It sucks. And I've really got nothing to add to what everyone else has said except this:

my parents shout at me when I cry because they think im doing it on purpose and its hard for them too

This makes me a little bit hopeful. You're still connected to your parents - you're aware and sympathetic to them. And, honestly, they probably yell when you cry because they're finding it super-hard, too. I know it sounds like cheap advice that adults hand out all the time, but sit down and have a chat with your parents sometime. It'll clear the air, it'll bring you all closer together.

In your day-to-day life, your parents are your closest and first line of support. I'm not going to feed you some line about you growing up a stronger, better person for having overcome and learned to deal with something you really, really hate (though you will), but I will say - as a parent of a child with a different set of issues to overcome - the moments we sit and talk about how he feels about what he's got going on are balm to my aching heart.

I have no doubts that your parents will feel the same.

You've got this. You're smart and you're tough.

Sock x

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is hard. No one likes it. It's a beast. It is a bad beast. We all hate it. I hate it.

Reactions: Jayden2407