notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
http://type1keto.com/

"a blog about testing the limits of diabetes. Lemming Test-Pilot is the alter ego of a medical doctor who themselves have type 1 diabetes."

the blog is about the T1 blogger doing 12 half marathons in... 12 months :eek:

It's a fascinating read!!!

Reactions: bkr

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's an inspiring read...enough to make me take up running? probably not.. but great anyway.

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
http://type1keto.com/

"a blog about testing the limits of diabetes. Lemming Test-Pilot is the alter ego of a medical doctor who themselves have type 1 diabetes."

the blog is about the T1 blogger doing 12 half marathons in... 12 months :eek:

It's a fascinating read!!!

Hi @notafanofsugar . . .

I've looked at this site and it's very interesting . . . nice that the Keto diet for T1 gets some positive press . . .

Can I ask where the quote in your Post is taken from?

I've looked on the site for this quote
but I cannot find it anywhere . . .

I'm currently trying to persuade my new and sceptical GP that my dietary strategy for my T1 is reasonable. I'm looking for ammunition and a blog from a GP with T1 that uses the Keto diet would be perfect! But I can't find any statement on the site currently that suggests he or she is a Doctor . . . can you give me a hint where this quote came from?

Thanks & Regards :)
Antony

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A few other doctors with Type 1 who eat LCHF/keto:

Dr Troy Stapleton (on Youtube) - from memory he's a radiologist

Dr Keith Runyan (on Youtube) - nephrologist

Dr. Carrie Diulus - orthopaedic surgeon

And of course, the grand-daddy of them all, Dr Richard K. Bernstein (see his Diabetes University on Youtube).

Reactions: bkr and Brunneria

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm currently trying to persuade my new and sceptical GP that my dietary strategy for my T1 is reasonable. I'm looking for ammunition and a blog from a GP with T1 that uses the Keto diet would be perfect! But I can't find any statement on the site currently that suggests he or she is a Doctor . . . can you give me a hint where this quote came from?
You might also want to dig out Ian Lake too, a T1D GP who LCHFs and is strongly in favour of LCHF for T1 and T2. One of his presentations is here: https://www.phcuk.org/wp-content/up...es-From-Both-Sides-Of-The-Consulting-Desk.pdf

He has spoken at many of the professional healthcare forums. I've had a few interesting conversations with him.

Reactions: Indy51

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can I ask where the quote in your Post is taken from?

I've looked on the site for this quote
but I cannot find it anywhere . . .

When I click on the original link this appears in the first paragraph...

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I click on the original link this appears in the first paragraph...

Hah! :facepalm: :sorry:

Thank you Beccy!

When I click on the link I don't see the text immediately, and I don't get the scrollbars to hint that there is text below. I followed the instructions and immediately clicked on 'Please read this first' and never got back to that first page. That'll teach me to investigate more deeply before posting! Thanks to those who made suggestions.

Regards :)
Antony