Back on Medication

Kenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
After a break over the festive period, yesterday I started taking my tablets again. Metaformin X2 Simvastatin X1 and Blood pressure tablet x 1 All the preceding are daily. I was at my doctors on Monday and they told me my blood pressure was the lowest it has been since the initial diagnosis was made. My last blood glucose readings were 4.7 and 4.5 respectively, so I am reasonably happy with my situation. Have resumed my diet also. Also, my weight has gone down from 14.9 stone to 12.9 since the end of October till now. Kenny

Kenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe I'm missing something but if you're doing that well off medications why have you restarted them?
A very good question. The doctors,though, pleased with my progress advised me to continue taking the medication in the meantime. I am not arrogant enough to say that I know better than the doctors/nurses so I will continue with it for now but if it continues to improve, I will certainly think about controlling it (or trying to) with use of dieting. Kenny

Reactions: wiseowl_123

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very good question. The doctors,though, pleased with my progress advised me to continue taking the medication in the meantime. I am not arrogant enough to say that I know better than the doctors/nurses so I will continue with it for now but if it continues to improve, I will certainly think about controlling it (or trying to) with use of dieting. Kenny

It's a question I'd be asking and not just accepting. Statins are the devil. If you've achieved this without meds then it warrants an explanation and not just blindly complying with if it isn't justified.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
@Kenny3 can I ask you why you stopped taking your tablets over Christmas? Or was it that you took a break from eating low carb over Christmas, I'm a bit confused :)

Reactions: Liam1955

Kenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Kenny3 can I ask you why you stopped taking your tablets over Christmas? Or was it that you took a break from eating low carb over Christmas, I'm a bit confused :)
The reason I stopped was because my glucose and blood pressures well down to acceptable levels and I was going to have a few beers over the period. Since being diagnosed, I have`nt taken any special foods, I just eat the foods I was eating before,only much less proportion wise. I have completely cut out soft fizzy drinks,sweets cakes and biscuits though. Kenny