The upside to intermittent fasting is....

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
As I'm not having breakfast I don't need to get up at 5.30am when I'm on a 7am start for work (from Monday this week) I can stay in bed until 5.50am :);):happy::joyful::smug::singing::woot:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
The down side was I set my alarm for 6.50 instead of 5.50 luckily for me (and not my BS) I woke up at 6.10 and still managed to leave the house by 6.30. Just as well I was fasting!

Reactions: Ultramum

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The upside of being retired is we can get up whenever we like and throw out the alarm clocks! :)

I have another 4 yrs, 9 months and 1 day to go until I can throw out the alarm clock. Less if I don't use up my holidays in the months leading up to my retirement :)

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a long way off from retiring, however, I am lucky and get all the school holidays to not have an alarm call - I might add that I do still work during those holidays (marking, prepping etc.) I can just do it in my scruffs at the kitchen table! ;)

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
If you don't have lunch as well, just see how much energy you have in the afternoon and not require a 'siesta':)

Reactions: berylc

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I have another 4 yrs, 9 months and 1 day to go until I can throw out the alarm clock. Less if I don't use up my holidays in the months leading up to my retirement :)
My hubby has 4 years 11 months and I can't wait!!!!!!K

Reactions: fati2

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

But don't wish your current life away - my retirement has tended to be something of a disaster area and much of what I intended to do I now wish I'd tried harder to fit into my working life instead of waiting. :banghead:

Robbity

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
But don't wish your current life away - my retirement has tended to be something of a disaster area and much of what I intended to do I now wish I'd tried harder to fit into my working life instead of waiting. :banghead:

Robbity

Quite right. My younger me dream was a long safari in Africa. When we retire, I decided. Oh no! The very thought of spending hour and after hour in rickety old trucks on unmade roads sends my back into spasms, let alone all those silly hour mornings and unsuitable food ...... should have done it sooner!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Quite right. My younger me dream was a long safari in Africa. When we retire, I decided. Oh no! The very thought of spending hour and after hour in rickety old trucks on unmade roads sends my back into spasms, let alone all those silly hour mornings and unsuitable food ...... should have done it sooner!

My dream was to go to Australia, I waited 30 years to go and see my friend who had emigrated (I didn't have the money sooner) and 7 wks before my dream holiday she died suddenly at a young age. So now I travel when I can and enjoy every moment with my family and friends.
But my job in a care home is very stressful and hard on the body, young ones and old! I'm looking forward to waking up and hoepfully not wincing with pain!