pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 and then 6.7 half hour after getting up..... I have a stupid liver too....

Reactions: Prem51

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 again, 3 days in a row. Going to bed at 5.5. Stupid liver !
You've probably tried this, but an evening snack before bed has helped me get the FBG down. Peanutbutter on brown ricecracker worked for me, but only if my evening BG was low

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 7am, but after evening out with steak, mushroom sauce and.. chips. Potatoes usually spikes me like crazy. 3hrs after meal 7.4, might be the combination of highfat, protein and carbs..

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 7am, but after evening out with steak, mushroom sauce and.. chips. Potatoes usually spikes me like crazy. 3hrs after meal 7.4, might be the combination of highfat, protein and carbs..

It will be the spuds, they are deadly.

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It will be the spuds, they are deadly.
You're right. I used to have very little potato and the next morning my FBG would be between around 8 so I cut them out completely. Just testing it out for the first time in 4 months last night, so 6.1 is actually pretty good for me :)

Reactions: Jamesuk9 and Prem51

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You've probably tried this, but an evening snack before bed has helped me get the FBG down. Peanutbutter on brown ricecracker worked for me, but only if my evening BG was low
Funny but I already have exactly this...peanut butter on brown rice cracker, what a coincidence

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To get the A1C percentage from your average blood glucose of 5.9, you can use this formula for example: 5.9*18+46.7/28.7 = 5.32 AIC: 5.32%(or the new IFCC method: 34.6). You should be happy with that.

I do that myself with Numbers(or Exel for PC) and use the formula to get the A1C over the weeks months. It's a good way of making sure you get no shock results.

Thanks for that. I guess I gotta be happy with that as my last doctors A1C was 5.6 (38) last June.

It's the **** fasting numbers overnight I am struggling with. They just don't want to budge.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a 5.5 yesterday and 5.8 today. I ate dinner 1.5 hours earlier each night. Problem is I have woken at 4am each morning ravenously hungry and couldn't get back to sleep.
Funny you say that, I've noticed that too... I generally eat around 8-9pm and wake up pretty much at the same level I go to bed at and then 15 mins after getting up I get the dreaded liver dump.

Last night I went to bed at 5.8, woke at 5.8, climbed to 6.4 then settled back at 5.8 an hour later.

There was the odd occasion I've woken with 5.5, this was achieved by eating at 6pm as it happens as I was eating early at birthday party's both times.

You're onto something here.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny you say that, I've noticed that too... I generally eat around 8-9pm and wake up pretty much at the same level I go to bed at and then 15 mins after getting up I get the dreaded liver dump.

Last night I went to bed at 5.8, woke at 5.8, climbed to 6.4 then settled back at 5.8 an hour later.

There was the odd occasion I've woken with 5.5, this was achieved by eating at 6pm as it happens as I was eating early at birthday party's both times.

You're onto something here.
For the sake of hba1c this is undoubtedly best for me, but in reality it's not sustainable. I can't eat too early because of work and I hate being hungry all night.