Carpel Tunnel/Trigger Finger

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Hi, does anyone else have CT? If so - had surgery for it followed by Trigger Finger? Seriously annoying and don't fancy having surgery to fix trigger finger. Much to the amusement of everyone else? My middle finger gets stuck. Can you imagine the befuddlement of cashiers when I have change to give and coins get stuck in my palm!!

Further indignation, I have to shake my other hand around to relieve pins n needles from carpel Tunnel.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi there @spook_kate_
I have had 5 fingers operated on for trigger finger ( so far ) 3 on left hand , 2 on my right
and my middle finger of right hand I am currently getting this weird sort of numb tingly feeling in the very tip of the finger.
( not been to the GP with it yet -- only been going on for about 3 or 4 weeks )

Reactions: spook_kate_

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, does anyone else have CT? If so - had surgery for it followed by Trigger Finger? Seriously annoying and don't fancy having surgery to fix trigger finger. Much to the amusement of everyone else? My middle finger gets stuck. Can you imagine the befuddlement of cashiers when I have change to give and coins get stuck in my palm!!

Further indignation, I have to shake my other hand around to relieve pins n needles from carpel Tunnel.
I had CT and had both hands done 3 years ago this year but never had trigger finger , i read somewhere there is a link between diabetes and CT? i have only been diagnosed a few weeks

buddyxyz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had CT and had both hands done 3 years ago this year but never had trigger finger , i read somewhere there is a link between diabetes and CT? i have only been diagnosed a few weeks
hya i had carpel tunnel before diabetes and was all booked to have op and friend told me to try magnetic bracelet and i thought that will not work and it did but i was working in a very repitive job long hours so although it worked changed me job but not had any problems since although i did have trigger thumb in the winter slight but think it was the cold air slept in a glove and that helped good luck anyways oh by the way u cant wear magnetic bracelets if u have heart problems but does help with circulation for me anyways good luck

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hya i had carpel tunnel before diabetes and was all booked to have op and friend told me to try magnetic bracelet and i thought that will not work and it did but i was working in a very repitive job long hours so although it worked changed me job but not had any problems since although i did have trigger thumb in the winter slight but think it was the cold air slept in a glove and that helped good luck anyways oh by the way u cant wear magnetic bracelets if u have heart problems but does help with circulation for me anyways good luck
My hands have been fine since i had them done, i couldnt live like they were as i couldnt get any sleep , i had to wear braces on them 24/7 and touch wood no probs since :D

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Hi there @spook_kate_
I have had 5 fingers operated on for trigger finger ( so far ) 3 on left hand , 2 on my right
and my middle finger of right hand I am currently getting this weird sort of numb tingly feeling in the very tip of the finger.
( not been to the GP with it yet -- only been going on for about 3 or 4 weeks )
Oh no, sorry to hear that. How long after you first got it in one finger before the next started? Was the op successful? Recommend it?

Reactions: himtoo

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
@goosey39, apparently there is a link, nerve damage from high blood glucose over long period of time.

Reactions: goosey39

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@goosey39, apparently there is a link, nerve damage from high blood glucose over long period of time.
I thought i had read it but my BG wasnt high then as far as i am aware as have been tested a few times over the last couple of years due to one thing or another

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I've had trigger finger in both thumbs a few year back, only had injections for it but it came back on my right hand so had another injection. Its been ok since and I had the carpel tunnel operation last January and thats been fine too (so far)

I had a test prior to that to see if I had nerve damage and I do have severe nerve damage in both hands and feet

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Oh no, sorry to hear that. How long after you first got it in one finger before the next started? Was the op successful? Recommend it?
the 25 year question is this -- LOL
first trigger finger was about 6 months after diagnosis ( but not operated on until D for 14 years )
the other 4 have followed at 2-3 year intervals
I think all have been successful -- although index finger on left hand ( the 5th finger to be operated on ) I have subsequently had a bit of nerve damage that leaves the finger with a bit of residual numbness at the base of the finger.

as soon as I saw your thread and the subject I did immediately think OH Heck !! your description of the CT sounds exactly what I have been experiencing the last month -- better go get myself checked !!!

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
the 25 year question is this -- LOL
first trigger finger was about 6 months after diagnosis ( but not operated on until D for 14 years )
the other 4 have followed at 2-3 year intervals
I think all have been successful -- although index finger on left hand ( the 5th finger to be operated on ) I have subsequently had a bit of nerve damage that leaves the finger with a bit of residual numbness at the base of the finger.

as soon as I saw your thread and the subject I did immediately think OH Heck !! your description of the CT sounds exactly what I have been experiencing the last month -- better go get myself checked !!!
Oops, get your backside to GP choppers!!

Reactions: himtoo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just had my 3rd trigger finger released ( index and middle on left hand and little finger on right hand) and I'm not 30 yet. Docs seem to think it's related to diabetes as I've been type 1 for 21 years. My first 1 was 2 years ago (middle left) then 2nd was 14months ago (little right) and 2 weeks ago index left. It's pain after the op as can't get stitches wet etc but all fingers have been great after (touching wood ) I would definitely recommend the op. Hope this helps

Kind regards
Scott Harding

Reactions: Liam1955