ESA Assessment

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I attended my ESA assessment yesterday I now await outcome letter.
It was not a good experience eexplaining how you manage on a day to day basis I really wanted to shout out please walk in my shoes for just one day.
I am 10 months post operative pancreatic tumour having most of my organs removed plus newly diagnosed insulin dependent diabetes which I struggle with daily
I sought support on this site to attend people telling me I have a right to benefit to those people thank you gave me the courage to attend what was a emotional and difficult interview but attend I did.
I feel it went ok with little empathy shown from assessor but I suppose that is his job also concern what is report will be his take on how I present.
At the end of the interview I was informed of appeal process unsure if that is the process of interview as I have never claimed anything in my life.
Fingers crossed I will have my benefit granted.
Will keep the forum posted on outcome.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hope you get awarded. I am on ESA and due anytime for another assessment to see if I can get it again.
One thing is, after a week, you can call the ESA people for a copy of the report of your assessment.

Reactions: gvintagedrken

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hope you get awarded. I am on ESA and due anytime for another assessment to see if I can get it again.
One thing is, after a week, you can call the ESA people for a copy of the report of your assessment.
Thank you Ally1 I might do that.
I am currently on contribution esa awarded till December 17 but still had to attend assessment.
I understand once this runs out I need to apply for normal esa? unsure about benefit system I have just put another ssicknote in for 3mnts.
Once again thank you for advice and good luck with your assessment c

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Thank you Ally1 I might do that.
I am currently on contribution esa awarded till December 17 but still had to attend assessment.
I understand once this runs out I need to apply for normal esa? unsure about benefit system I have just put another ssicknote in for 3mnts.
Once again thank you for advice and good luck with your assessment c
To be honest I am not sure. You may be asked to fill in another form.
I would suggest towards when yours runs out, I would either call the ESA people or ask at your local CAB

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

Hope this goes well for you Ally. Regarding the assessor's report, I would always ask for a copy. Unless I'd seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed the complete untruths that are added to these reports, while valuable info is often left out.
A paper trail is so important, so is a highlighting pen. I highlighted the bs written, then made bullet points to use in the appeal x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
When partner went from contributory esa to income based it was swopped over automatically. A few letters of notification and then letter says he will be paid 0.00. Then letter saying what he'll receive thereafter. No additional form. @Pammy_50 but that won't happen til near december 17th if you secure your esa status.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm hoping you won't have a problem @ally1 . If you dont get it straight away, no one must!
Just remember different to PIP. Esa is about capability to work. Not ability to look after yourself's needs.
You have to prove no ability to do any job, even part-time ones.
Fingers crossed. ;)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hope this goes well for you Ally. Regarding the assessor's report, I would always ask for a copy. Unless I'd seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed the complete untruths that are added to these reports, while valuable info is often left out.
A paper trail is so important, so is a highlighting pen. I highlighted the bs written, then made bullet points to use in the appeal x
My last assessment report was almost spot on. The only thing that was different was one med had been written down as 1g instead of 100 mg.
I was fortunate on my last assessment that my assessed was having a assessed assessing her
PIP is so much harder to get

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I'm hoping you won't have a problem @ally1 . If you dont get it straight away, no one must!
Just remember different to PIP. Esa is about capability to work. Not ability to look after yourself's needs.
You have to prove no ability to do any job, even part-time ones.
Fingers crossed. ;)
Thank you

paula121s

It was not a good experience eexplaining how you manage on a day to day basis I really wanted to shout out please walk in my shoes for just one day.
I am 10 months post operative pancreatic tumour having most of my organs removed plus newly diagnosed insulin dependent diabetes which I struggle with daily
I sought support on this site to attend people telling me I have a right to benefit to those people thank you gave me the courage to attend what was a emotional and difficult interview but attend I did.
I feel it went ok with little empathy shown from assessor but I suppose that is his job also concern what is report will be his take on how I present.
At the end of the interview I was informed of appeal process unsure if that is the process of interview as I have never claimed anything in my life.

Hi Pammy,

Well done for getting through the assessment. I don't know if you know but if you don't get the award you wanted you can ask the DWP for a "mandatory reconsideration" and you can submit further evidence from your gp and consultant. Also for further info look at ESA on the citizens advice website. It gives you good advice on the whole process, as well as info on how to fill out the lovely manuscripts the DWP expect you to complete. Hope this helps.

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Pammy,

Well done for getting through the assessment. I don't know if you know but if you don't get the award you wanted you can ask the DWP for a "mandatory reconsideration" and you can submit further evidence from your gp and consultant. Also for further info look at ESA on the citizens advice website. It gives you good advice on the whole process, as well as info on how to fill out the lovely manuscripts the DWP expect you to complete. Hope this helps.
Thank you paula121s finding things very hard at the moment what with surviving pancreatic tumour now diabetes really don't need benefits assessment x

Pammy_50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When partner went from contributory esa to income based it was swopped over automatically. A few letters of notification and then letter says he will be paid 0.00. Then letter saying what he'll receive thereafter. No additional form. @Pammy_50 but that won't happen til near december 17th if you secure your esa status.
Thank you for advice just given them another 3mnts sicknote can they stop esa if report not iin my favour x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You say tumours.. were tgey cancerous? If so. Then you really shouldnt have needed to go to an assessment for ESA....
Most cancer persons are given ESA without worry.. and put in the group where certificates arent needed for a year.
Assessments are difficult.

knoxy55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Anything to do with birds or feathers, whether to look at or eat.
Pammy if the assessment report does not granted you ESA, please appeal it, that is what I had to do.