Canafliglozin side effects.......a question for the ladies on here

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been taking canafliglozin for quite a while now. Had repeated bouts of thrush in the beginning (a known side effect) but now under control most of the time. Got hba1c down from 88 to 64 so it seems to be working. I have another female problem though. I'm on the contraceptive tablet where you don't get any periods. Been on it for 10 years with no problems. However, I've been getting irregular bleeding quite often and with no pattern. Can last anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks and is totally unpredictable. I've had hormone tests confirming it's not the menopause yet. Had pelvic scan and internal uterus scan today and all was normal....... which got me thinking. Canafliglozin is a relatively new drug with unknown side effects. I'm wondering if this intermittent bleeding could somehow be a side effect as I think the bleeding may have started around the same time as the drug although I can't be sure.
Just wondering if any other women have experienced this? Would be interested in any comments around this issue. Thanks in advance

Apple lover

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
no its not likely to be caused by the Canafliglozin. Talk with your doctor