Which coffee machine do you use ?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
No, my blood pressure has always been 110/60.
Heart rate is a steady 60.

Exercise can take it to over 160 though, if I try hard enough.
The machines usually scream at me though, so I've starting lying about my age to them.

Be careful with decaff... there is a horrible chemical used to adjust the beans to decaff.. some brands are supposedly decaffeinated through water.. we buy the beans that are supposedly water decaffeinated. They reckon the chemical is negligible afterwards but the documentary I watched regarding the decaff pelrocess put me off decaff as healthy option permanently. I will never knowingly drink decaff again unless its water treated...

I was also drinking copious amounts like you thinking it was ok because it was decaff..

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
We have a Tassimo machine which is okay - Mr Chook loves his lattes but I haven't yet found a coffee type that I like more than a good quality instant.

I used to have one of those yellow drip filter things (cost next to nothing) which made amazing coffee - you just put a filter paper and ground beans in to it and pour over water and it dripped in to the mug. Then the dog got it and it never worked properly after it had been chewed.

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
donnellysdogs I never drink decaff But i have now bought my New Coffee machine I have a LavAzza and i have a massive lot of different coffee's to try Looking forward to trying them all i know i wont like many of them but Whoopie

Reactions: Prem51

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Definitely the Tassimo!! GORGEOUS coffee. I have one and it's quick and small enough to fit in small kitchens. Easy to clean. Did i say Gorgeous coffee!!! Lots of lovely people on here use tassimo

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
No, my blood pressure has always been 110/60.
Heart rate is a steady 60.

Exercise can take it to over 160 though, if I try hard enough.
The machines usually scream at me though, so I've starting lying about my age to them.
Lol

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now have my new LavAzza and what a lovely cappuccino i had yummy But how many cappuccinos or other machine mad do you have a day Also do you only use double cream But what if you want a frothy coffe how do you do this Me and the machine are new to this

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
My trusty Philips still works splendidly, but it's white in colour and is showing signs of age, so I'd like to change it. I only use my coffeemaker in the morning on workdays, and probably twice on my days off, so I don't need a super heavy-duty unit. I'm looking at a small pump system.
I have heard DeLonghi or Krups are reliable or similar machine like on cozzy .. I'd like to stick with the organic beans and powder we use for cafetiere coffee.

Reactions: gemma_T1

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a Dualit, lovely machine makes good cappuccino and use LavAzza.
Many moons ago I worked for Kenco, my office was above the roasting floor. The coffee maker was outside my door and we always had coffee beans straight from the 'floor'. Unfortunately I had trouble out and about when buying a cup of coffee as everything else tasted terrible.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
We have a Tassimo machine which is okay - Mr Chook loves his lattes but I haven't yet found a coffee type that I like more than a good quality instant.

I used to have one of those yellow drip filter things (cost next to nothing) which made amazing coffee - you just put a filter paper and ground beans in to it and pour over water and it dripped in to the mug. Then the dog got it and it never worked properly after it had been chewed.

I just bought another one of those drip things from eBay - £1.78! Okay its coming all the way from China but I'm already looking forward to a lovely cup of really hot coffee.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Be careful with decaff... there is a horrible chemical used to adjust the beans to decaff.. some brands are supposedly decaffeinated through water.. we buy the beans that are supposedly water decaffeinated. They reckon the chemical is negligible afterwards but the documentary I watched regarding the decaff pelrocess put me off decaff as healthy option permanently. I will never knowingly drink decaff again unless its water treated...

I was also drinking copious amounts like you thinking it was ok because it was decaff..
I agree. Decaf always give me reflux and an acid stomach. No matter how great the beans are

Judy1887

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a Capresso every time, it's the best. I’ve been using it for a while now. I love my Capresso. It makes around 10 cups in under 8 minutes. And the results are also great. I’m pretty impressed. Actually, I got it from a commercial coffee machines in Canada. I’m glad I did. My husband is a choosy person, so, he doesn’t quite approve anything I suggest. But, he is in love with this one. I am relieved too. And I agree with @Brunneria, it is up to us to choose the brand/ price. For me, it’s always Capresso.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never in a million years would I use anything from Nestle (the baby killer company) or anything that involves pods, no matter how biodegradable they claim to be.
I have an electric percolator that is just perfect and I buy bags of freshly ground coffee from a local company called St Martens at a fraction of the cost on the high street.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooo, a resurrected thread from a while ago. I love coffee and had a Tassimo up til recently, the milk discs are sweetened so I gave them up and just used the black coffees with cream. However Father Christmas bought me a Nespresso Vertuo for Xmas (sorry Wiflib!). It makes a good big mug sized black coffee with a really thick cream on top. I have one white coffee at breakfast, milk in first, called a reverso, Black with cream is good too. Nespresso run their own very efficient recycling scheme for the capsules unlike Tassimo who work with Terracycle to recycle the discs, but are currently closing loads of collection points!

Reactions: shelley262

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My trusty Philips still works splendidly, but it's white in colour and is showing signs of age, so I'd like to change it. I only use my coffeemaker in the morning on workdays, and probably twice on my days off, so I don't need a super heavy-duty unit. I'm looking at a small pump system.
I have heard DeLonghi or Krups are reliable or similar machine like on cozzy .. I'd like to stick with the organic beans and powder we use for cafetiere coffee.
I was lucky enough to be given a DeLonghi machine about three years ago. It has an integral steamer and uses ESE pods or ground coffee, and it's excellent. I must have made nigh on 600 coffees....! It used to be a w/e ritual to have at least 2 each day, which of course used a lot of milk. I did perfect something approximating a flat white but haven't used it since diagnosis. I'm going to experiment with using watered-down cream and see what happens, as I miss the whole 'zen' thing of making the coffee.

Reactions: shelley262

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was lucky enough to be given a DeLonghi machine about three years ago. It has an integral steamer and uses ESE pods or ground coffee, and it's excellent. I must have made nigh on 600 coffees....! It used to be a w/e ritual to have at least 2 each day, which of course used a lot of milk. I did perfect something approximating a flat white but haven't used it since diagnosis. I'm going to experiment with using watered-down cream and see what happens, as I miss the whole 'zen' thing of making the coffee.
I find watering down the cream and giving it a whisk produces a really good flat white if you water it down less you get closer to a cappuccino as fat holds the bubbles!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find watering down the cream and giving it a whisk produces a really good flat white if you water it down less you get closer to a cappuccino as fat holds the bubbles!
Hi @shelley262 - thank you for your reply - I am definitely going to try that. It sounds like your method will give an even better FW than before: sanity is restored!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @shelley262 - thank you for your reply - I am definitely going to try that. It sounds like your method will give an even better FW than before: sanity is restored!
It will at least be a very very low carb coffee unlike the milk version! I keep going on coffee but it’s a different drink if the cream is undiluted I find and I’m worried - maybe wrongly - that if I drink too much cream, given my coffee habit, that I may stall on the weight loss. Enjoy

Reactions: Speedbird

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never in a million years would I use anything from Nestle (the baby killer company) or anything that involves pods, no matter how biodegradable they claim to be.
I have an electric percolator that is just perfect and I buy bags of freshly ground coffee from a local company called St Martens at a fraction of the cost on the high street.
I am happy with my large cafetière, £4 from Wilko, no pods, no filter papers. I too have been boycotting Nestlé for many years. Now if I could just bring myself to shell out the extra for organic coffee my position would be bombproof, at least until some bright researcher proves that coffee raises bg.