Type 2 Life

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to a recent event on here I have decided to leave the Forum.
Wishing everybody well on their journey with Diabetes.
William x

Sorry to hear that @Liam1955 I haven't been around here long, but have always found your posts helpful and friendly.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Just back from three weeks in Greece and trying to get my BS back to normal. The problem with Greece for this diabetic is the Greeks Bearing Gifts and Greeks have a very sweet tooth! For the past several years a Greek lady has presented us with a jar of spoon sweets these are various fruits in sugar syrup and are absolutely heavenly. This year it was orange skins in syrup and they had the texture of candied fruit. I limited myself to one bit of fruit a day and had to give away half of the jar :-( Thankfully my next HbA1c test is still a couple of months away so my BS average may have reverted to near normal by then.
upload_2017-7-14_21-9-58.png

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
William x
William, I am sorry to hear this. You were the first friendly voice I "heard". :(

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
That's a relief! I've found the Type 2 Life Thread on the Forum after many days of not being able to locate it. I've been getting on really well with impeccable blood glucose readings and good participation with my cognitive behaviour therapy treatment for my Asperger Syndrome. Today I've eaten a plate of spaghetti, fried onions, oil, curry powder, broccoli and cauliflower. I felt very sick after it and vomited three times down the toilet which my friend Lee presumed was because of the amount of oil I put in it. That was a very silly thing to do. My blood glucose reading was only 5.1 mmol/L today but that was before eating.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I was a very irresponsible and tactless "silly-billy" on Tuesday. Contrary to my childhood parental influence, I mistakingly prioritised 3 pouches of Holborn Yellow hand-rolling tobacco over sufficient, healthy food to eat in order to eat little, but often, to manage my diabetic and other health conditions. I've now exhausted all the tobacco through profuse binge-smoking and utterly dire irresponsible conduct although I did pay a debt of £10.00 to an elderly Christian couple for an electronic 'back massager' that they picked up in our local market/boot sale last Sunday although I didn't request the 'back massager' the gentleman turned up with it. But I am grateful for it and it has proved instrumental and valuable in eradicating a lot of my idiopathic back pain. So that is out of my restricted £70.00 as well as the nearly thirty pounds worth of tobacco and another debt to a friend called Ioanna for the ten pound note she gave me last Saturday which she was adamant she didn't want back, plus I lent her a five pound note on top of it for incidentals until her next payday. That means all I managed to buy in the way of food was 4 x £1.20 Bisto 2 sausages, mashed potatoes, peas and gravy ready meals and 3 x Sainsbury's Basics £1.00 beef lasagne ready meals, plus one loaf of £1.00 Sainsbury's Bloomer crusty bread with sesame seeds, 1 packet of seventy pence 6 in a pack classic round tomatoes by Sainsbury's, plus 4 pints of £1.00 milk and a tin of £2.50 Nestle Coffeemate Light.

The food I have in my fridge is a tiny amount of Sainsbury's Soft Spread, some very old jerk seasoning, in the freezer compartment is some frozen cauliflower, frozen Brussel sprouts, frozen broccoli, frozen broad beans, frozen garden peas and frozen roasting potatoes, but I can't cook the roasting potatoes because my care coordinator and corporate appointee haven't bought me a new stove without a conventional oven yet out of my accrued benefit money held in an account at Vulnerable Adult Community Services. In my walk in cupboard and cupboard mounted on the wall by my microwave oven, I have a small amount of whole wheat spaghetti and one onion. Oh, and I have a frozen Sainsbury's Basics Beef Lasagne £1.00 ready meal too and some sugar, artificial sweetener (granulated type) and a very small amount of tea bags and 1/2 a tin of Nestle Coffeemate Light coffee and tea whitener.

I also got a secondary diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, in addition to my Asperger Syndrome, which my senior clinical psychologist assured me isn't caused by a lacking of parenting skills on my mum and dad's part as I had a wonderfully happy, stable and privileged childhood upbringing, but it's more caused by being bullied by people (because of my AS) in my late twenties, thirties and still ongoing to the present day. A lot of people, however, broken they may be, have nice, caring personalities like I do, and my psychologist informed me it doesn't mean they have a bad personality. I found this very comforting.

This explains a lot of my struggles in conjunction to the challenging and concerning autism spectrum disorder diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome.

Lots of love to all of you,

Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Borderline Personality Disorder, Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Quadricep muscle tendon sprain, idiopathic lower back pain, idiopathic megarectum, urge incontinence, enuresis, essential hypertension, pure hypercholesterolaemia and mild hyponatremia. x X x.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
William x
So sorry to read this William, I hope you'll reconsider as you've obviously contibuted a great deal to this forum and have been a support to many. I don't know or wish to know of the 'event,' but
noli illegitimi carborundum
you've too much to offer!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi, to all my friends on Type 2 Life,

It's a bit of a better day today, but feel a lot of anxiety panicky symptoms which feels absolutely horrid. My blood glucose was good, however, standing at 5.9 mmol/L so I'm happy about that. I've just been watching Church Without Walls, a programme on Revelation which is an evangelical/charismatic Christian channel on Sky Channel 581 which is intended for people that don't go to church and can enjoy prayers, intercessions, holy communion and discussions. So far all I've eaten is a few biscuits that Lee gave to me and I'm going to have a beef lasagne ready meal when I feel I have more of an appetite.

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay right place :)
Seem to be up and down throughout the day normally higher before bed too

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi, to all my friends on Type 2 Life,

So far I've eaten a few biscuits and had heaps of mugs of tea with sugar to avoid hypoglycaemia coz I don't have very substantial food until Pet - Ioanna - pays me back some time tonight or tomorrow.

I'm planning to buy some chicken thighs on Tuesday with my Carer and a pot of Dunn's River Jerk Seasoning so that I can enjoy jerk chicken with Lee sometime next week. Plus tonnes of ready meals and cheesy deep pan pizzas.

My blood glucose reading now at 5:16 PM is 8.1 mmol/L, a bit high, but not too bad.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yay right place :)
Seem to be up and down throughout the day normally higher before bed too
You don't have main meal early do you? Personally i find if i eat at 5pm by 11.30pm I can start rising. On top of a 8 or 9mmol/l after meal it can easily reach 10s before bed.
A liver dump can happen at any time of the day. A time of fasting/ a while since food. I'm now on a good basal insulin so i dont see it as much and i still use metformin for hormone unbalances.
Have you tried eating something small before sleep. A fatty protein? Nuts or cheese or pork scratchings?
I find it can reduce my fbg by 2 or 3mmol/l less.
Are you looking for those naughty spiking foods with your meter?

It can be so worth remembering to do. It reduces my hba1c. Less glucose circulating and causing possible damage hun.

Reactions: 13lizanne

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How long between food? Or is it trial and error per person? I'm planning on starting low carb strictly when I get back from holiday. Not sure I can manage it while away but will try my best.
Just been through a patch of steroids and new steroid inhaler for asthma. Bg's seem not to have settled since.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How long between food? Or is it trial and error per person? I'm planning on starting low carb strictly when I get back from holiday. Not sure I can manage it while away but will try my best.
Just been through a patch of steroids and new steroid inhaler for asthma. Bg's seem not to have settled since.
That's useful info as @Rachox was wondering if preventer influences diabetic bgs, as I was too?
Do you think brown preventer is ok but other stronger inhalers might affect bgs? Or is it solely having a stressed body due to asthma is making bgs higher?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Strict low carb will definitely benefit you @P1ckle . ;) It will give you an idea how food plays it sometimes big part in higher bgs.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's useful info as @Rachox was wondering if preventer influences diabetic bgs, as I was too?
Do you think brown preventer is ok but other stronger inhalers might affect bgs? Or is it solely having a stressed body due to asthma is making bgs higher?
Is @P1ckle saying she's been on steroid tablets as well as inhalers? I know the brown inhaler is one of the weaker ones, but I was curious if starting on it a couple of months before my Type 2 diagnosis had any significance?

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is @P1ckle saying she's been on steroid tablets as well as inhalers? I know the brown inhaler is one of the weaker ones, but I was curious if starting on it a couple of months before my Type 2 diagnosis had any significance?

I've been on symbicort 200/6 for 3months now as well as montelukast for my asthma. Haven't had oral steroids for 2 months but bg's have been up since I started the sym and came out of hosp. Not looking to blame it on that, just wonder if it plays a part. Breathing is kinda important apparently lol.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on symbicort 200/6 for 3months now as well as montelukast for my asthma. Haven't had oral steroids for 2 months but bg's have been up since I started the sym and came out of hosp. Not looking to blame it on that, just wonder if it plays a part. Breathing is kinda important apparently lol.
I'm quite new to this diabetes lark, only diagnosed in May, so eager to learn everything that may affect my blood sugars. It seems it can be a difficult balancing act if you have more than one health issue. I hope you are well now after your hospital stay @P1ckle

Reactions: P1ckle

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm quite new to this diabetes lark, only diagnosed in May, so eager to learn everything that may affect my blood sugars. It seems it can be a difficult balancing act if you have more than one health issue. I hope you are well now after your hospital stay @P1ckle

I was diagnosed 2 years ago but I feel like I don't know anything. It's a general "things are all up in the air with me". It'll settle down.
Loads of help here x

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also, it appears, I have the ability to kill chats sorryyyyyy