Frozen cooked meat

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there a chance I can buy frozen cooked steaks, burgers, chicken and just microwave them to eat them? I don't know if such things exist, but I don't see why not. It would be hugely convenient when I am hungry to have a steak or burger ready to eat within 5min in microwave.

D

Deleted member 308541

Look in the frozen food section of your local store / supermarket lots of cooked frozen meals in them. The meat section in our local store has various meals to cook in the m/w.

Fresh chicken breasts only take minutes to cook in the microwave, as do steam in the bag mixed veggies. You can get steam in the bag fish as well.

Cook extra food and freeze it, we always have stuff int the freezer to eat when we are busy.

Edit: typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Account

Why does the meat have to be precooked?
I know you can cook bacon in the microwave, my Mum used to make spaghetti Bol in the microwave from raw mince, fish "steams beautifully" and I am pretty sure you can cook chicken in there too (maybe not all at the same time). And they all take 5 to 10 minutes and you don't have to waste money on specially prepared freezer stuff: buy fresh and freeze it yourself.

D

Deleted member 308541

and I am pretty sure you can cook chicken in there too
I cook chicken all the time in the microwave as it does not take long to cook, I cooked a whole chicken about 1.5 kg in wight in twenty minutes the other day.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why does the meat have to be precooked?
I know you can cook bacon in the microwave, my Mum used to make spaghetti Bol in the microwave from raw mince, fish "steams beautifully" and I am pretty sure you can cook chicken in there too (maybe not all at the same time). And they all take 5 to 10 minutes and you don't have to waste money on specially prepared freezer stuff: buy fresh and freeze it yourself.

Indeed! My elderly mum (nervous of the new gas oven/grill & electric hob but resourceful woman.) could knock up a decent bacon, egg, mushroom & tomato in the microwave...
We all know what mum's are like! :) (Monty Python contralto voice.) "you got to have something for breakfast!" As I popped in for a visit...

D

Deleted member 308541

My elderly mum (nervous of the new gas oven/grill & electric hob but resourceful woman.) could knock up a decent bacon, egg, mushroom & tomato in the microwave...
I posted this on this forum a while back, a bacon omelette done in the microwave, I think it took five mins if I remember correctly.

kvMRx9O.jpg

Reactions: Jaylee

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's very interesting.

So can I cook a steak, burgers, chicken wings and omelette in the microwave from raw?

Is there a guide?

D

Deleted member 308541

So can I cook a steak, burgers, chicken wings and omelette in the microwave from raw?

Is there a guide?
I do not know if there is a guide, but I have worked on the principle of "suck it and see" since we bought a microwave in the 1980's.

It also depends what wattage your microwave is for cooking times, we have a 1000 watt job although the power can be reduced if you want for cooking some stuff.

Five or six chicken wings take around seven minutes on full.

Two chicken breasts around eight on full.

Steak and pork / lamb chops around four on full.

You can get a rough idea on cooking times for stuff off of the net,

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only want a microwave one, as I do not have a electric or gas kettle.

Have you tried cooking the eggs through heat induced friction?

Just by simply & rapidly rubbing two eggs together....

D

Deleted member 308541

Are you in some alternative universe?
No mate, if we want hot water for tea or coffee it's two minutes per mug in the microwave on full, and we have boiling water for coffee or tea.

I notice we are still on topic, as I have told the OP how long to cook water for. :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Is there a chance I can buy frozen cooked steaks, burgers, chicken and just microwave them to eat them?

You can but I'd be very wary with the chicken, be sure it's thawed thoroughly and cooked long enough to kill any remaining bacteria, tbh chicken is one meat that I always defrost in a fridge before cooking and heat in a conventional oven (maybe over cautious :rolleyes:).

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mentioned YouTube.
Some more usefull microwave classes with egg there too!
(Please ignore any "carb placment" in the recipes, if that's not for you?)

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not know if there is a guide, but I have worked on the principle of "suck it and see" since we bought a microwave in the 1980's.

It also depends what wattage your microwave is for cooking times, we have a 1000 watt job although the power can be reduced if you want for cooking some stuff.

Five or six chicken wings take around seven minutes on full.

Two chicken breasts around eight on full.

Steak and pork / lamb chops around four on full.

You can get a rough idea on cooking times for stuff off of the net,

Thanks! Do you think I should invest in a 'browning' plate?
Does any surface do and do you have to turn them over?
Do they become as if grilled?

D

Deleted member 308541

Do you think I should invest in a 'browning' plate?
You can if you want to, we had a couple years ago but got rid of them as they did not fit in the new microwave we had purchased at the time.
Does any surface do and do you have to turn them over?
We only cook meat, chicken, fish in containers, and do not turn them over.
Do they become as if grilled?
Chicken breast skin goes a browny colour, fish stays white fleshed, meat takes on a darker colour.