Doctor Who to morph into a female Doctor.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oddly enough.. I was thinking along the lines of Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley (remember Saphire & Steel?)
Or Jessica Hynes? Though I feel Saunders & Lumley too well known for Abb Fab.

Jody Whittaker looks to have all these qualities.. So a great choice.

D

Deleted member 308541

I remember the controversy at work about the first Doctor Who (William Hartnell) when he transformed in to the next actor to play the part.

That was very well done how they did it, with a jigsaw puzzle of facial bits and pieces.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I remember the controversy at work about the first Doctor Who (William Hartnell) when he transformed in to the next actor to play the part.

That was very well done how they did it, with a jigsaw puzzle of facial bits and pieces.

Yeah, or sort of cross fading the visuals.. I think Peter Davidson sort of tuned ghostly white on his exit. Then woke up as Colin Baker?
Now they just all sort of go like Highlander & shine orange...
I was hoping they might change the morphing style less of a light show & more messy like "the Fly"? :nailbiting:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Jaylee - Joanna Lumley has already played the Doctor...!
133466.2fe82c77-fe0f-44e6-ac3c-e8c60a019572.png

In a comic relief sketch in 1999! Episode: The Curse of Fatal Death

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oddly enough.. I was thinking along the lines of Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley (remember Saphire & Steel?)
Or Jessica Hynes? Though I feel Saunders & Lumley too well known for Abb Fab.

Jody Whittaker looks to have all these qualities.. So a great choice.
I was reading an article this morning which made the point that it's quite a commitment to take on the role - you're filming in Wales for much of the year and it's very difficult to fit in other commitments around it. I suspect that both Saunders and Lumley have too much going on in their lives to take it on. Also, without being discourteous, Joanna Lumley has probably reached an age when she wants to take things a little more easily, and just make the occasional travel documentary. If memory serves, Jessica Hynes played Joan Redfern, a character with whom the Doctor fell in love during the David Tennant era (he was stuck in 1913, living as a normal person, for reasons that now escape me), so it would have been a bit self-referential, even for Doctor Who :D.

There was a lot of speculation that Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to be offered the part but I suspect she, also, is far too busy on things like Star Wars films and writing stuff of her own, to be able to spend most of her time in Wales for the next few years. A pity, because she would have been brilliant, but you can't have everything.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dont know this actress so will have to see how she does.

Hubby a huge Dr Who fan and he's not too sure. I do believe one member of his Dr Who forum has gone into total meltdown as he cant believe they have brought a woman in. He has also wishes various death curses to the new writer ha ha

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Jodie Whittaker will play the 13th Doctor Who, an excellent choice.

Great choice, she was great in the ITV series Broadchurch and will make a good Dr Who :)

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I dont get why some people don't like the idea of the doctor turning female. It worked with the other iconic timelord the master. Also there's been loads of hints about the doctor might turn female throughout series
For example:
1.In the doctor falls the master asks is the woman all girl? 12th replies "We can only hope so"
2. In world enough and time when 12th and bill are talking about missy He says " I'm pretty sure he was a man before and I'm fairly sure I was too, it was a long time ago."
3 In Series 9 when missy was talking truth and lies to clara. The only one that turned out to be true was "Since he was a little girl"

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee - Joanna Lumley has already played the Doctor...!
133466.2fe82c77-fe0f-44e6-ac3c-e8c60a019572.png

In a comic relief sketch in 1999! Episode: The Curse of Fatal Death

& a great job she did too!

Peter Cushing should have a mention as well..?! Though to be fair preferred him in Star Wars..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dont know this actress so will have to see how she does.

Hubby a huge Dr Who fan and he's not too sure. I do believe one member of his Dr Who forum has gone into total meltdown as he cant believe they have brought a woman in. He has also wishes various death curses to the new writer ha ha

I heard they were planning a regeneration into some sort of Galifreyan saber toothed horse?

Some of the Hoofians were having a field day! ;)

image.jpeg

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not All doctor who is on U.K. Netflix
Ps anyone else heard the new DW companion for 13th doctor to be lined up is kris Marshall

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not All doctor who is on U.K. Netflix
Ps anyone else heard the new DW companion for 13th doctor to be lined up is kris Marshall
Haven't heard that one, though there was lots of speculation that he was going to be the next Doctor, when he left Death in Paradise - but I think he just wanted to come back to the UK because his kids are reaching secondary school age (he moved his family out there lock, stock and barrel each year, for several months and the kids went to local schools).

Anyway, we'll see. I think Bill has been a brilliant Assistant in this series and, although it's hard to know quite how they would do it, I hope they keep her in the next series. I suppose we may find out at Christmas.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I bet she can't 'park' the Tardis

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Haven't heard that one, though there was lots of speculation that he was going to be the next Doctor, when he left Death in Paradise - but I think he just wanted to come back to the UK because his kids are reaching secondary school age (he moved his family out there lock, stock and barrel each year, for several months and the kids went to local schools).

Anyway, we'll see. I think Bill has been a brilliant Assistant in this series and, although it's hard to know quite how they would do it, I hope they keep her in the next series. I suppose we may find out at Christmas.
Yeah nardole was good too but althoung since the doctor is going to female aren't they going to make companion male unless they do a trio like one woman one male

Reactions: jay hay-char