Am I going to have best weight loss with 100g carbs per day?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink as much as I feel, I don't see why I should drink more
You don't have to drink more, you asked for advice as to why you weren't losing weight, I gave you a possible answer. We normally only feel thirsty when we are dehydrated already. If we are dehydrated then we retain water, which stops us losing weight- not just water weight but fat weight too. If you don't want to try it for even just a week then don't. It was just a suggestion. I thought you might be willing to try it if you were really keen to lose weight. We can't find out what works for ourselves personally if we don't try different things. I am perfectly happy for you to dismiss the idea as rubbish without even trying it. No worries.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Certainly doesn't sound like it but the next question is are you eating enough fat? If you don't replace carbs with fat you could be really hungry. Fiber helps slow digestion and fat is satiating. Avocado is my go to food for all those reasons.
I may eat too much protein, I don't know:
I eat 1 egg and 1 bacon in the morning, 1 chicken leg in the noon, 2 skewers of lamb shish in the evening.
Is that too much of a protein?

I feel I have large appetite and I dont measure blood sugar, only ketones (my goal is weight loss, which will also fix blood sugar)
?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You don't have to drink more, you asked for advice as to why you weren't losing weight, I gave you a possible answer. We normally only feel thirsty when we are dehydrated already. If we are dehydrated then we retain water, which stops us losing weight- not just water weight but fat weight too. If you don't want to try it for even just a week then don't. It was just a suggestion. I thought you might be willing to try it if you were really keen to lose weight. We can't find out what works for ourselves personally if we don't try different things. I am perfectly happy for you to dismiss the idea as rubbish without even trying it. No worries.

Thanks but I don't believe that if I drink a bit more water, I will lose weight. Thanks anyway

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly doesn't sound like it but the next question is are you eating enough fat? If you don't replace carbs with fat you could be really hungry. Fiber helps slow digestion and fat is satiating. Avocado is my go to food for all those reasons.

?

I am eating quite alot of fat. I am eating 50g fat at the end of the day (via squirty cream). I am also eating mayo and tarama during the meals.

But one other person here told me we don't have to eat obsessively fat. He/she just eats chicken breast fried in butter with salad. So I am not sure if fat is what I am doing wrong.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks but I don't believe that if I drink a bit more water, I will lose weight. Thanks anyway
That's OK. I never lose any weight at all unless I drink at least 2 litres of water a day, but we're all different. :)

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
One question, when you eat your meals, are you actually hungry or eating just because its breakfast, lunch or dinner time?
There is a ratio of protein that is somewhere between
.6-.9 grams of protein per kilo of body weight per day. I personally struggle with weight loss. It seems that once I lose weight, I self sabotage and it all comes back.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know where you are coming from. Lowering carbs is a technique for controlling blood sugar levels for diabetics and not for losing weight. It is true that many of us lost weight as a side effect and I cannot say that is a bad thing.

So if you want me to tell you how many carbs to eat in order to lose weight then I can't really help much. Cut out things with sugar and flour in them and see how it goes.
I think that low carb is also a weigh loss technique. Not just good BG

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am eating quite alot of fat. I am eating 50g fat at the end of the day (via squirty cream). I am also eating mayo and tarama during the meals.

But one other person here told me we don't have to eat obsessively fat. He/she just eats chicken breast fried in butter with salad. So I am not sure if fat is what I am doing wrong.
I eat more fat than that as I eat 80% fat but I need carbs to be very low and I keep protein to about 40 g per day including animal/ fish, nuts , veggie protein and avocado.

Water does nothing for me either for weight, hunger or bs

I didn't go back through the thread so sorry if I'm repeating myself. An avocado a day, about 2-3 tablespoons oil or mayo , an ounce of cheese and about an ounce of nuts keeps me going. Then 4 oz animal/ fish protein and some salad greens or steamed low carb veggies but never over 20 g per day and they add up fast.
I eat four small meals a day and bf is usually just an avocado wedge. While I'm eating that I defrost some protein and make my lunch but divide it into two meals. Then cheese with wine around 5 and a small dinner to follow.

Of course this doesn't work for everyone. Avocado is the one food that keeps my hunger at bay so it's included in every meal.

Dairy and grains/starch and fruit can stall weight loss for many.