Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Slice of Bergen bread toasted then cut into strips then you can dunk the strips into your egg.
Usually seen being eaten by 2/3 year olds sitting in a high chair but you try telling my wife that :):):)
We call this french toast , lol.

Reactions: pms543

dj65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast was a couple of rashers of bacon - not really hungry

Lunch chicken fillets no chips - saving myself for my sin night

Dinner - double chili cheese burger minus the bun think the burgers were enough lol

burger.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TazziT

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: FF Greek Yoghurt, strawberries, blueberries, and pecans. Coffee with almond milk

Lunch: 3 egg omelette with parmesan, FF soft cheese, smoked salmon, chives, and wilted spinach.

Reactions: dbr10

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
B. bacon rashers with half avocado, splashes of hot pepper sauce to wake me up.
L. liver and bacon with chunky mushrooms.
D. Cottage pie (used pork mince) with sweet potato mash topping, and mushy peas. Tomato juice.

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: coffee with cream
Lunch: celery, cheese, 4 cherry toms.
Supper: Homemade pizza (almond & soya flour base -actually really tasty), with pepperoni, red peppers, &

Not spikes above 1 after meals:)
(would be smugger if BS levels were down below 6 yet !!!)

Reactions: TazziT and Prem51

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Brunch at 1215hrs.
3 rashers of back bacon cooked to cripy without added fat/oil, removed from pan and then toasted a Lidl protien roll in the bacon fat till crispy. Then added some strong cheedar and bacon to the roll, and consumed with side of mixed green salad leaves (spinach, rocket, water cress and peashoots). Pint of water, large mug of green tea and a singe shot of espresso (blk n/s).

A tasty Low Carb, High Protien and reasonable fat content meal. 5.6 before eating, will test after 2hrs to check th effects on bloods.

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Dinner - double chili cheese burger minus the bun think the burgers were enough lol

View attachment 23561[/QUOTE]

That burger looks awesome, was it home made?

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Brunch at 1215hrs.
3 rashers of back bacon cooked to cripy without added fat/oil, removed from pan and then toasted a Lidl protien roll in the bacon fat till crispy. Then added some strong cheedar and bacon to the roll, and consumed with side of mixed green salad leaves (spinach, rocket, water cress and peashoots). Pint of water, large mug of green tea and a singe shot of espresso (blk n/s).

A tasty Low Carb, High Protien and reasonable fat content meal. 5.6 before eating, will test after 2hrs to check th effects on bloods.
5.7 @2hrs 10mins post first mouthful.

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am just looking at your numbers and thinking slow carbs fast carbs

I tend to spike 1 1/2 hours after eating most stuff, but when I have fruit like your breakfast, can be sooner. Your lunch had way fewer carbs thus the lower BSugar

Don't know what high lo bread is but most wheat rye barley type bread rises me faster so your slice might have resolved and your 6.1 more of a normal for you?

Your rice cakes woulda spiked me big time. I avoid them.

If I were you, I would do a little testing at 1 hour, 1 1/2 hours, 2 hours after common carbs like fruit, bread, rice and see when is my optimal testing time for spikes with specific foods

Thanks for the reply Contralto. I've been at this a little longer now and my base numbers are coming down as is my weight. To be honest most of what I ate that day is ok for me as it doesn't lead to either high jumps in blood sugar or sustained highs so I am fine with it now I have a little more experience under my belt.

I think it could definitely be more nutrionally balanced (aside from the LCHF regime. More green veg for instance) so I'll work on that. Testing has been great and I will continue to do it (usually in the morning and 2 hours after eating) but I think if I tested every hour, hour and a half or two hours I might get a bit fed up with it all.

The advice on here is invaluable and I am so glad I found the Forum and it's great to know what others are doing.

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: cup of coffee with a dash of milk
Lunch: ham salad on one of those sandwich thins (which for some reason don't spike my BS anywhere like other breads do)
Dinner: have been marinating a chicken breast in a Mexican sauce which is beautifully only 1g carbs. Will have with shredded brocolli and some water with lemon in.

Fasting BS was 5.4, went up to 6.8 two hours after lunch, so relatively happy with that.

Definitely need to think about other options for lunch though. No cooking facilities in work so has to be something pre-prepared that I'm happy to eat cold, or something I can buy from a shop

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi fruit activia yoghurt sandwich tinned salmon salad 5 mile walkbanana and flat white pork choprunner beans and corn on the cob really trying to lose weight but if i go low I struggle to not stuff myself with all the wrong things any suggestions I'm on humilyn3 and metformin don't really want to keep altering my dose xxxxx

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: cup of coffee with a dash of milk
Lunch: ham salad on one of those sandwich thins (which for some reason don't spike my BS anywhere like other breads do)
Dinner: have been marinating a chicken breast in a Mexican sauce which is beautifully only 1g carbs. Will have with shredded brocolli and some water with lemon in.

Fasting BS was 5.4, went up to 6.8 two hours after lunch, so relatively happy with that.

Definitely need to think about other options for lunch though. No cooking facilities in work so has to be something pre-prepared that I'm happy to eat cold, or something I can buy from a shop

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Coffee(s) and cream
Bacon and egg
Cold chicken breast and mayo
(Three hour drive from Bucks to home) Tested at 5.1 !
Tuna Florentine and WINE for dinner.

imperp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: coffee with cream
Lunch: celery, cheese, 4 cherry toms.
Supper: Homemade pizza (almond & soya flour base -actually really tasty), with pepperoni, red peppers, &

Not spikes above 1 after meals:)
(would be smugger if BS levels were down below 6 yet !!!)

Can you share the recipe for the pizza base please?

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you share the recipe for the pizza base please?

Here it is: I substitute about 1/3 of the almond flour for soya flour, as it makes it taste less 'almondy', but the recipe works as is and is the easiest and nicest one I've found. Base strong enough to pick up a slice !!

Fat Head Pizza - The Holy Grail

Ingredients
• 170g / 6oz / 1 3/4cups pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella is the best or Edam/mild cheese
• 85g / 3oz / 3/4cup almond meal/flour
• 2 tbsp cream cheese
• 1 egg
• pinch salt to taste
• ½ tsp dried rosemary/ garlic or other flavourings optional
• your choice of toppings such as pepperoni peppers, cherry tomatoes, olives, ground/mince beef, mushrooms, herbs etc

Instructions
1. Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
2. Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
4. Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos above). Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
5. Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
6. Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
7. To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
8. Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.

I've found that this makes enough for four small pizzas. But it depends on how thick you like the crust I guess.

ENJOY!

Reactions: imperp

logic

Well, I had the following to lunch:

1 Yorkshire pudding
Stuffing.
Mixed veg.
roast potatoes.
Chicken.
With onion Gravy on top.
I had a small slice of cake afterward.

Then went for my usual walk in the countryside. I love my walks. A little cold though today. Feels like winter already, or maybe I'm getting too old.

Reactions: user305072