antibodies negative once more

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Update: so I had antibodies done back before july this year and they've come back negative once again,Was dignosed back in july of 2015 with type 1 due to DKA after spending 2 days in hospital on a drip.Consultant wanted me to do some more antibodies to see if he can diagnose me type 1,Currently taking background insulin which is keeping me steady atm. I'm stressed about the situation tbh

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As far as I understand, you can still be Type 1 LADA without antibodies @wiserkurtious

Weren't you trying to get fast acting insulin? Hope I'm remembering right.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've read before that a proportion of those with Type 1/LADA are antibody negative (somewhere like 20-25%). Has your consultant also ordered a c-peptide test @wiserkurtious to see how much endogenous insulin you are producing?

Reactions: wiserkurtious

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
As far as I understand, you can still be Type 1 LADA without antibodies @wiserkurtious

Weren't you trying to get fast acting insulin? Hope I'm remembering right.

Ya but said no need for change in treatment :) suppose i ll trot on until things change i suppose

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've read before that a proportion of those with Type 1/LADA are antibody negative (somewhere like 20-25%). Has your consultant also ordered a c-peptide test @wiserkurtious to see how much endogenous insulin you are producing?

not yet,you d think that d be the next step :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
How are you BG levels in general ? Try not to stress, that won't help you, get some exercise if you can it will help alleviate the stress.

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How are you BG levels in general ? Try not to stress, that won't help you, get some exercise if you can it will help alleviate the stress.

haven t been too bad tbh,waking up in the 5-6,after meals are a little raised but nothing ridiculous but we ll see what my next hba1c is at :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @wiserkurtious That's really good - at least your levels are looking ok, be good to see what your next HbA1C is, however one thing less to worry about at the moment :)

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You're more accepting than me. I'd be pushing for bolus insulin.

(Yes, I know I've said that before to you : D )

I ve grown a little fed of seemly pestering and getting nowhere,we ll see what my next hbalc is before getting back onto them :)

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
bloods work came back and everything is working fine ;) hba1c was 6.4 so happy about that so ya :))

Reactions: azure