Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Avocado Sevenfold - Whilst doing some ford pron surfing earlier on, I came upon this, and thought of you: http://mylifecookbook.com/2017/03/01/golden-turmeric-chai-smoothie-bowl/ I thought it might tick a couple of boxes in your world.

Curiously enough, in coincidental keeping with this thread, I had some fabulously rich cauli cheese for dinner this evening. (I'd best not mention the crumbled, crispy bacon it had over the top or people will be hitting the report button!)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Avocado Sevenfold - Whilst doing some ford pron surfing earlier on, I came upon this, and thought of you: http://mylifecookbook.com/2017/03/01/golden-turmeric-chai-smoothie-bowl/ I thought it might tick a couple of boxes in your world.

Curiously enough, in coincidental keeping with this thread, I had some fabulously rich cauli cheese for dinner this evening. (I'd best not mention the crumbled, crispy bacon it had over the top or people will be hitting the report button!)
i don't think its a matter of hitting the report button, more the sick bowl .. It is just really vomit inducing .. I was thankful to be in a single room on my resent hospital stay, or I would not have been able to eat anything .. the sight and small of dead flesh is totally offensive to me. This is why we have the vegetarian forum .. Please you wanted to join us ! but not every one is cut out to be veggie .. I also think I am taking this thread off topic !!!
To day I ate .. cheese and marmite on small toast fro breakfast
Lunch a slice of frittittartar .. ( cooked egg with veg in )
Dinner was a lovely fry up .. collie flower grill .. small amount of chips.. tomatoes .. mushroom and a fried egg .. yummm
Supper is going to be a small chocolate bicckie .. after all I am a T2 in remission ...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i don't think its a matter of hitting the report button, more the sick bowl .. It is just really vomit inducing .. I was thankful to be in a single room on my resent hospital stay, or I would not have been able to eat anything .. the sight and small of dead flesh is totally offensive to me. This is why we have the vegetarian forum .. Please you wanted to join us ! but not every one is cut out to be veggie .. I also think I am taking this thread off topic !!!
To day I ate .. cheese and marmite on small toast fro breakfast
Lunch a slice of frittittartar .. ( cooked egg with veg in )
Dinner was a lovely fry up .. collie flower grill .. small amount of chips.. tomatoes .. mushroom and a fried egg .. yummm
Supper is going to be a small chocolate bicckie .. after all I am a T2 in remission ...

I love those cauliflower steaks, fried in the little chilli butter, with lots of other stuff on the plate. They also work very well on the BBQ.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i don't think its a matter of hitting the report button, more the sick bowl ..
I'm yet to understand why there is a reference to bacon in the vegetarian forum... It has the potential to cause offence to some and is somewhat disrespectful. The jest surrounding the reporting facility is equally as disappointing and sets a poor example.

Breakfast - an apple

Lunch - Cheese and onion sandwich with tortilla chips. Banana

Dinner - Macaroni cheese, garlic bread and peas.

I did a vegetarian day without even meaning to:)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
@Enclave - I like your frittittartar (can't have too many "t"s!)

B: Muesli

L: Hummus sandwich. Popcorn.

D: Ravioli stuffed with squash, tomato sauce & cheese.

Snack: Carrot cake (not homemade)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I'm having a low carb day today:

B: Peanut butter on toast (Livlife)

L: Scrambled egg & mushrooms

D: LM sausage, bean & veg casserole

Snack: mozzarella salad

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

I'm having a low carb day today:

B: Peanut butter on toast (Livlife)

L: Scrambled egg & mushrooms

D: LM sausage, bean & veg casserole

Snack: mozzarella salad
Sounds good though I'd choose Burgen. Tried the LivLife ... think it was that. First couple of slices I thought it was nice but after that that the texture seemed "off" somehow....

Just happy being me

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Sable_Jan

I like the LivLife, but it is quite spongey.

I like your new signature!

S

Sable_Jan

@Sable_Jan

I like the LivLife, but it is quite spongey.

I like your new signature!
It started working again on the App just recently...the website one doesn't show on the App. Both show on the website...odd...
Bit wet spongy....but you nailed the texture..mayb it IS best toasted....used it for butties. Guess it was once I opened it the texture changed. Got a multiseeded loaf cooking ... real bread so I will have to be careful...

Just happy being me

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@AvocadoSevenfold, where have you gone ? been off sick myself and back to find you gone !!!

Breakfast cheese on toast
Lunch supper soup and cheese biscuits
Dinner veg biriani and salad
Supper chocolate bickkie , naughty but nice :)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

L: Egg on low carb toast

Snack: Dark chocolate & walnuts

D: Roast squash lasagne with ricotta & veg

Peanut butter cheesecake (14g carbs) - nice, not naughty :)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys:)

As you'll already know, I'm no vegetarian... Yet I've chosen to embrace the veggie/vegan lifestyle a wee bit; and... I love it.

My better half has been chopping certain foods from her diet in a bid to ascertain what may be going on with her health. As such, I've joined in! That, combined with some great input from a good friend - I've learned a lot and actually enjoyed the venture.

Today's dinner:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/kadala-curry

I did supplement it with 2tbsps of caster sugar and 3tbsps of ACV for added zing. I understand that may not be optimal for those here who are T2. But it does only add 20g carbs to the whole pot, which I made out as negligible. Considering it weighed 1.25kg cooked.

So, benefits of a vegan dish? Massive hypo... Why? Because wholefoods can (and do in this instance) have a ridiculously low GI. There aren't many dishes that I'll take insulin after eating - but this is one of them. More than that, it's one that I'll be adding to our weekly regime. Combined with wholegrain basmatti - it was amazing!

Cheers:)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @GrantGam

Good luck with your veggie experiments.

I don't know if this will help you avoid hypos, but I always calculate the fibre content of my food and deduct this from the carb count (I use the MyFitnessPal app) to calculate the bolus. It may only reduce the dose by 1 or 2 units, but that may be enough to avoid a hypo on a lowish carb meal.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm on hols, so low'ish carbing doesn't apply - partly for practicality/mainly to account for the extra exercise.

B: Cooked breakfast i.e. V sausage, egg, beans etc.

L: Tomato soup

D: Battered halloumi, chips & mushy peas.

Too many snacks to mention!

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on hols, so low'ish carbing doesn't apply - partly for practicality/mainly to account for the extra exercise.

B: Cooked breakfast i.e. V sausage, egg, beans etc.

L: Tomato soup

D: Battered halloumi, chips & mushy peas.

Too many snacks to mention!
Battered halloumi is amazing! Left over risotto also makes did fantastic battered balls. It's a great way I find to get rid of the leftovers:)

What batter mix are you using @Ledzeptt?

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @GrantGam

I can't take the credit; the halloumi was a pub meal: it was good though!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Returned from holiday and had my first home-cooked meal in a while Saturday night: lentil spag bol (with courgetti) and salad.

Sunday:

L: Cheese & mushroom omelette with baked beans

D: Bean pie, couple of potatoes and veg.

I'm getting back to a lower carb diet; my BG has been much better since being home (less of a rollercoaster).

S

Sable_Jan

Returned from holiday and had my first home-cooked meal in a while Saturday night: lentil spag bol (with courgetti) and salad.

Sunday:

L: Cheese & mushroom omelette with baked beans

D: Bean pie, couple of potatoes and veg.

I'm getting back to a lower carb diet; my BG has been much better since being home (less of a rollercoaster).
And no matter how good the restaurant, home cooked is always best....

Just happy being me