Unexpected Medtronic delivery

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I came home today to find a delivery from Medtronic. It was a box of 10 Mio infusion sets, with a note saying a letter with the reason for this delivery would follow, if it hadn't already arrived.

Has anyone else received an unexpected delivery like this, if so, what reason was given?

I hope there isn't another production problem!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've been getting them for weeks. I think it's related to either the issues with the previous system outages they had, or the recall they've done recently. Anyhow, I've now got twice as many sets as I need normally...

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been getting them for weeks. I think it's related to either the issues with the previous system outages they had, or the recall they've done recently. Anyhow, I've now got twice as many sets as I need normally...
Interesting, I don't remember hearing about a recall of Mios.

I wonder if they'll be sending out Enlites too, if it has anything to do with the production problems!;)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The recall is for all sets. It affects Mios, Sure-Ts and also QuickSets. It's basically that the connector for the reservoir has been redesigned due to a few minor issues they've had and they're replacing them.

Reactions: paulpapa

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, and see Medtronic site, and the press release:
DUBLIN - September 11, 2017 - Medtronic plc (NYSE:MDT) announced today that it has started to inform patients worldwide of a voluntary recall of specific lots of infusion sets used with all models of Medtronic insulin pumps.
I think everyone using the sets is getting notified, with letters, and/or unexpected parcels, one is waiting for me to collect - see http://newsroom.medtronic.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=251324&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2299630

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
hi,

I was informed by my pharmacist that a lot of batches medtronic infusion sets have been recalled as they might give more insulin then you pump is saying its pumping. For 6 weeks i have been using the affected batches. I stopped pumping and went back to injections as i feel I cant rely on the most basic parts of my pump any longer,