Victoza and lantus

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, if you can avoid using Victoza it will help reduce any possible side effects. Are you having a low-carb diet? Victoza appears to normally be prescribed for excess weight and the right diet can avoid needing too much medication. BTW having Victoza and Lantus sounds unusual? Read the Victoza leaflet and seek advice.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was prescribed both at one time having been on byetta and lantus. They changed the byetta to victoza but I haven't found it makes any difference to weight loss at all. I feel the low carb is much better and am seriously considering stopping the victoza although I have had no side effects.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have victoza no insulin.
I was told it was a wonder drug as it would help me lose loads of weight.
The first week, the victoza did make me feel full but not after that

Saima_Abdi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, if you can avoid using Victoza it will help reduce any possible side effects. Are you having a low-carb diet? Victoza appears to normally be prescribed for excess weight and the right diet can avoid needing too much medication. BTW having Victoza and Lantus sounds unusual? Read the Victoza leaflet and seek advice.
Hi
I am not having a low-carb, I think this is a major problem to me

Saima_Abdi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was prescribed both at one time having been on byetta and lantus. They changed the byetta to victoza but I haven't found it makes any difference to weight loss at all. I feel the low carb is much better and am seriously considering stopping the victoza although I have had no side effects.
Hi
When I started Victoza that time my weight 100kg after 10 months now I have weight 84 kg but recently my BG suddenly get higher then previous
Thanks for support