Great chocolate -

JohnJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone tried Montezuma's British chocolate? It is very dark 'ABSOLUTE BLACK', try the one that is WITH ORANGE & COCOA NIBS.

It is £2.50 in Sainsbury's for a 100g bar but I get no raised levels or spikes due to very low carb and sugar content.

Per 100g - Fat 54g, Carbs 8g, Sugar 0.3g and Per 25g - Fat 13g, Carbs 2g, Sugar <0.1g

Cheers

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @JohnJ :)

Would you like me to move this to the Food section for you where it will be mo easily found by other members?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I like the Montezuma's Orange & Geranium Dark Chocolate. I usually buy a couple of bars when it's on a price reduced offer.
organic-dark-chocolate-orange-geranium-bar-p10-88_zoom.jpg

https://www.montezumas.co.uk/bars-c1/dark-bars-c11

Reactions: noblehead

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i would love to try this brand but cant find nutrition information on their website! :( x

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i would love to try this brand but cant find nutrition information on their website! :( x
Not sure what the nutritional info is but they do have a variety in Sainsbury's

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

The OP has included the nutritional info in their post @kaylz91

Both flavours of the Montezuma's chocolate sound really nice, still say for value & quality you can't beat the brands in Aldi & Lidl (Moser Roth & J.D Gross).

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I usually stock up with LIDL's J.D.Gross Ecuador 70% Dark Chocolate With Caramel. I think it's £1.89 for a 125 gm bar.
It's higher carb content though than the Montezuma's, at 41 gms of carbs per 100 gms, 5.1 gms per 12.5 gm square.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The OP has included the nutritional info in their post @kaylz91

Both flavours of the Montezuma's chocolate sound really nice, still say for value & quality you can't beat the brands in Aldi & Lidl (Moser Roth & J.D Gross).
Yes but I wasn't meaning just these flavours I stated I would love to try the brand x

Ashley13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Chocologic dark chocolate is around 18g carbs per 100g and tastes a lot sweeter than normal dark chocolate. You can get this in Tesco and Morrisons and it also comes in a buttons version.

I like the fact that I can eat a whole bag of chocolate and it only has 14g carbs. Not that this is a regular thing

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The Montezuma orange is 26 percent sugar - way over what I allow myself, I stick to those under 20, under 15 percent if I can find it.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Montezuma orange is 26 percent sugar - way over what I allow myself, I stick to those under 20, under 15 percent if I can find it.
I know it's a bit high, but I only have a couple of squares when I get some.

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Here's an image of the back with nutritional info..

I was treating myself to 2 squares of 90% Lindt dark. Which was a surprising 14g carb per 100. Considering a small dairy milk is approx 30 odd per 35g bar. But 8 per 100 on the 100% is an amazing find @JohnJ

Will be keeping my eye out for this.

Attachments

• IMG_3768.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 501

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I must try it. I normally have Green & Blacks 85% Dark. It's around 20% total carbs and VERY smooth

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
The hotel chocolate 90% stuff is amazing. But expensive. But lasts for ages as a little is enough.

Vhm1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For anyone interested, Lindt has a very nice 90 percent bar. At 90 percent you certainly can't eat the whole thing. I usually have 2 squares. That's enough. The price is reasonable in my local stores too.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: Prem51