pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

toryroo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was hoping last weeks lab teat of 6.4 was a blip but got my meter working this week and had mid to high 6s every day :banghead: 6.7 this morning.

Reactions: Prem51

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 yesterday morn after a Very stressful Monday and a sweet Tuesday

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
hA1c was 5.9 on 10/06/2017. My levels have been below 6.0 for about the past 2 years. My insurance will only allow hA1c test once every 6 months.

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.

Triciamcl

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi there, new to the forum, found this thread interesting, been having GTTs etc over past 30 years due to gestational diabetes when pregnant with all four kids. Been up and down this past year but got tested both at local gym and work in past week due to health checks and one reading was 7.1 the other 7.2. Trying to make an appointment with the doc but can't get one until next week. Just wondering if I should get a meter now to keep a closer check as only get checked at docs once a year ( previous doc did it every six months) what do you think ?? And is there o e meter better than the other ??