I really want a baby!

Kateyo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Pilzy-89 congratulations! And what a lovely name for your little boy! I haven't been on for a while but read this thread with interest as I'm about to do it all over again and just started my fertility injections last night in fact (I need a little help to get things going) eeeeek! Hope your little man is home with you soon and take care of yourself too, sounds like you had a difficult time in the last few weeks :dummy:

Reactions: Freema and Pilzy-89

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @Scarlet10 he has been released from all his tubes overnight (minus a feeding tube) and in a normal cot now so can have lots of cuddles! He is still on NICU but I will be popping down shortly for our first attempt at breastfeeding hopefully he can come out of NICU tonight or tomorrow and we can be together Best of luck with bp, just take it easy (easier said than done I know) they said my problem was I expected my body to be able to do too much, like go on 4 mile dog walks in the mornings... lesson learnt. Xx

Thank you @azure first severe hypo in 15 years but my gosh did it have the best outcome! If it wasn't for that hypo I may still be sat at home with high bp and Harrison still not born! The world works in mysterious ways xx

Thank you @Kateyo we had the name picked for years now, so glad he actually looks like a Harrison I really hope that everything works out for you, truly the best of luck with the fertility injections!! Xx

Reactions: Freema and azure

Kateyo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fab news @Pilzy-89 hopefully he'll move out of NICU very soon! Hope breastfeeding goes well for you, I'd really love to manage it this time (if all goes well that is!) Hope you're keeping well too and your BP and BS are behaving themselves x

Reactions: Freema

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Pilzy-89 massive congratulations girl! And Welcome to the world baby Harrison! Your story sounded so scary! I'm delighted both you and Harrison are doing well and it is over you now.

I'm entering my 3rd trimester tomorrow turning 28 weeks. Starting to feel a little freaked out!!

Reactions: MelissaC

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Little behind on looking at the forum recently! Congrats on your baby @ Pilzy-89!!! :):):):) Hope you are recovering well and enjoying your little man

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Pilzy-89 Omg big congratulations!! I usually get notifications when someone has posted on this thread but haven't done for a while so didn't see your fantastic news until now! I'm sorry you had such a tough time with the bad hypo but I'm glad they got you into hospital and you got the best gift out of it - baby Harrison! <3 I hope you and your husband are enjoying life as parents, I'm sure you'll be a fantastic mummy :) Lots of love to your little family xx

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey guys! Quick update! I had my baby 10 days ago prematurely at 32 weeks. We are both still in hospital he will be in NICU for 5 weeks and I'm having trouble with my blood pressure it won't stay down! Having a bit of a hard time of it at the mo but can't wait to bring my little boy home next month!

Reactions: azure and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations with both little Harrison and becomming a mother , good that They are looking after you both

MelissaC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations @wannabemammy! Must've been a bit of a shock to have him early but at least you are both in the best place and being looked after. What is he called, if you don't mind me asking? Best of luck to you :) <3 x

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey guys! Quick update! I had my baby 10 days ago prematurely at 32 weeks. We are both still in hospital he will be in NICU for 5 weeks and I'm having trouble with my blood pressure it won't stay down! Having a bit of a hard time of it at the mo but can't wait to bring my little boy home next month!

Congratulations @wannabemammy :) Sending you all my love. It must have been a shock having him so early, but I hope you're recovering now and that your BP improves quickly. He's in the best place. NICU is amazing.

Look after yourself XXX

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations @wannabemammy ! Bless you, it was hard enough Harrison being in NICU for just under a week, but they took amazing care of him and I bet they will your little one too I hope your blood pressure is behaving a bit better now - I know how much of a pain that is, I am finally getting normal bp readings and have come off meds I was taking, it's nice to be normal again (but I do miss being pregnant ) Harrison will be 8 weeks old tomorrow! it has gone so quickly!!

Massive congrats again! Enjoy every second, it goes waaaay faster then I could have imagined (I guess that is what you want so you can take your little one home ) . Xxx

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just to update you lovely ladies whilst I am struggling to sleep (bit of a long post I'm afraid) sorry!

I had a severe hypo Tuesday night whilst in bed, I tested and it was 1.9. I had some sugar, turned to my husband and said "can you go to the kitchen and get some more sugar, I'm really low and need some." That is the last thing I remember until I woke with 3 paramedics feeding me those nasty glucose tubes. They were working on me for a few hours, feeding me all sorts of stuff, maple syrup, icing sugar, jam on toast, Nutella on toast, sweets, a total of 3 glucose tubes... lord knows what else. Apparently I was conscious for some of it but not making sense, as well as f'ing and blinding at my poor husband. He totally did the right thing calling the ambulance. Got taken in to the emergency department and admitted back on the ward I was in last week (same bed and everything!)

Closely monitored all of Wednesday day and overnight. My blood pressure was scarily high over night on the Weds/Thurs and took over my usual daily dose of meds to bring down. The doctors weren't happy so agreed Thursday morning I should be induced that day as my body was clearly not coping wth pregnancy anymore (I was 36 weeks).

Induction began Thursday afternoon but little mans heart rate kept dropping a minute or so after contractions started so induction was stopped and I was whisked around for an emergency c section. Harrison was born 08/06/17 at 6:46pm weighing 7lb6oz. He had difficulty breathing because of the fluid in his lungs and was a little jaundice so is currently having a few days in the NICU (I went back to the same ward I was on before, same bed again - nice and quiet as it's supposed to be a pre birth ward but the hospital has seen an extremely busy period so no beds elsewhere - more sleep for me ;) ). I held him for the first time yesterday afternoon, such an amazing feeling. He is doing better and on the lowest amount of oxygen now, hoping he can come off it in the next day or so so proud of him. Haven't got a picture to share yet but hopefully once he is out of NICU and with me on a ward, I will be able to snap lots of pictures!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for everyone's advice and support throughout my pregnancy and before hand (and now afterwards I am sure!).
I love this little thread here especially xx

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Whoops hit reply too early! Was remembering this post by @Pilzy-89 had a similar experience last week with two days of hypos and eating the house out without bolusing:(. Also put me on meds for high blood pressure a couple weeks ago which is fine now. I'm 34 weeks now and been in hospital since Saturday night. I got the two injections of steroids for the babys lungs and now just playing the waiting game while docs decide. I'm a little frustrated coz the blood pressure team and diabetes team have emphasized the seriousness of a dramatic decrease in insulin and hypos is a sign the placenta is failing but the obstetricians are saying they want to send me home and get me to 37 weeks:blackeye:. I wouldn't mind getting to 37 weeks for the babys sake but now paranoid I'll be having to deal with severe hypos if they send me home and worse if the placenta has problems don't want to be too far away from hosp! :banghead::( Ill be seeing the diabetes doc this afternoon and hope I can ask who is making the final decision what happens.

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whoops hit reply too early! Was remembering this post by @Pilzy-89 had a similar experience last week with two days of hypos and eating the house out without bolusing:(. Also put me on meds for high blood pressure a couple weeks ago which is fine now. I'm 34 weeks now and been in hospital since Saturday night. I got the two injections of steroids for the babys lungs and now just playing the waiting game while docs decide. I'm a little frustrated coz the blood pressure team and diabetes team have emphasized the seriousness of a dramatic decrease in insulin and hypos is a sign the placenta is failing but the obstetricians are saying they want to send me home and get me to 37 weeks:blackeye:. I wouldn't mind getting to 37 weeks for the babys sake but now paranoid I'll be having to deal with severe hypos if they send me home and worse if the placenta has problems don't want to be too far away from hosp! :banghead::( Ill be seeing the diabetes doc this afternoon and hope I can ask who is making the final decision what happens.

Only just seen this - sorry! It’s so scary isn’t it, having so many people discussing it and having varying opinions. Which is right? It’s already been said with me I shouldn’t have been let home and should have been monitored continually until he arrived. I hope that you have been well looked after, maybe even have your little one now? Xx