(Im)Patient Access

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The System One that I have, you can also check for results on the 'Patient Record' pages, which have unrestricted time, but it can be tiresome.

I can do the same on "mine", although, again if I am viewing my patient record, there are several pages of patient record even for the almost 4 years I have been diagnosed, and I'm no frequent flyer at the Doc's.

Additionally, via Patient Record, I only see the highest level test results, not the context or assay ranges.

That's just a comment. The whole online system is a million times better than repeated telephone requests for results, then feeling like I'm harassing the poor receptionists when I want any more details than "It's normal". I'd hate to be without online access these days.

D

Diabeticliberty

Having made my request some days ago for access to my own records I still only have my list of medications. They did seem rather uncomfortable with my request.

Reactions: dbr10

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Having made my request some days ago for access to my own records I still only have my list of medications. They did seem rather uncomfortable with my request.

chase them up via the Practice Manager. It could be yourGP hasn't authorised it yet.

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am registered with Patient Access and find it is brilliant. Some of the records go back to 1948! All my test results are ther back to 2008, plus all Medical diagnoses and consultations. I can see my blood test results within 24 hours of the test and can export it all to my computer or print them out if I wish. Wonderful resource.
I agree - found out that I had a smallpox vaccination when I was 9 !! I get the results before the surgery calls me! Love it. If anyone can't get it they should hassle their GP's until they do!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I now have test results available to view but nothing much else :watching:

That is better than nothing! You should also have consultations, current problems, past problems, medications, immunisations and allergies Do they go back several years? My blood test results go back to 2008.

D

Diabeticliberty

That is better than nothing! You should also have consultations, current problems, past problems, medications, immunisations and allergies Do they go back several years? My blood test results go back to 2008.

I don't have consultations. I don't have problems present or past. I do have medications. I don't have immunisations. Allergies are irrelevant since I have none. The go back a couple of years only.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have consultations. I don't have problems present or past. I do have medications. I don't have immunisations. Allergies are irrelevant since I have none. The go back a couple of years only.

If you want these things, it looks like you need to go back to some nagging. :banghead:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I signed up to Patient Access and can still only see my medications and make appointments. When I went to the surgery and told the receptionist that I needed to sign a consent form to put my records online she did not know what to do or what the consent form was. She tried to find out through their own internet system but there was nothing about it on there so she said she would have to ask one of the doctors. Obviously the receptionists have not been given any information about it. That was a week ago so I will go back this week to see if they now know more about it

Last edited:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems it is down to the practise how much access to medical records they give their patients.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I'm online with Evergreen Life and I can make appointments, order prescription meds and see everything on my record except for Doc's "written text". According to the receptionist this is not a problem because the "text" should just be a record of what went on at appointments, so I would know about it anyway. However, when I was first diagnosed, I had two terrible appointments with my named Doc .. she ignored my blood sugar and BP printouts and failed to listen to or answer any of the questions that I had prepared. Instead, on both occasions, she ended the appointment after just a few minutes on the basis that she had responsibilities to other patients who were waiting. I have now dealt with this by seeing another (good) Doc in the practice for all other appointments since then. But the reason that I raise it here is that just after all this happened, I was told by the receptionist, who was reading my record online, that my Doc had written in her "text" that she had explained everything to me, addressed my worries and re-assured me in a "long conversation" about my T2. This is completely untrue .. but I reckon it would be pretty difficult to prove that she has lied on my record either to appear to be professional and conscientious .. or to cover herself