What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning! 6.5 at 0745.
I got my annual HbA1c result online - 42. I was hoping to stay under 40, so it's higher than I would have liked, but still better than I have had over the last 5 years. I have become complacent over the last 6 months, and need to take more control again.
Complacency is the Bain of my existence. I switch on take control of my diabetes for as long as it is a challenge but when it gets "easy" I get complacent and distracted by other challenges. This is why diabetes is such a sneaky disease. It never goes away just lies low waiting for us to lower our guard.

By the way 42 is very good, complacent or not!

Well done!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the thing is Lady K my waking numbers are obviously too low to contemplate driving on but not quite hypoglycemic in the true sense of the word. I had a rather extended period of some fairly extreme dawn effect after running myself constantly low for a very long period of time while I was training an awful lot for martial arts tournaments. My body just kind of reacted and dumped really silly lumps of glucose on me first thing in a morning. It took me absolutely loads of trial and error of things to try and counter it and I eventually found one that works for me with consistency. The downside is that I am lower in a morning than some diabetics might feel is appropriate for them. It does however work very well for me. i will confess however that it is not perfect and when it goes a little wrong it goes massively wrong .
well as long as it works well for you happy days :) i hope that it doesnt go wrong very often cos thats not good:nailbiting: ive been advised by my dsn consultant to stay in the low 6s-low 9s because i feel awful in the low 5s cant function so when i wake up for work an im in the low 5s i have to eat be work (some bonus there :joyful: )anyway enjoy the rest of your day and well done on all the tournaments bet you won loads :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone
Late this morning very early appointment at blood dept. at hospital
BG today 6.3
5.9 at bed time night before **** liver dumps!
Got to hospital for blood test today to determine if I have gout, so painful not been sleeping well either.
Only for them to not do it has I told them due to anxiety I chew my gums and lips and the only way to stop it was chewing sugar free gum, which although I'd had nothing else they say it's the flavourings that would not give a true reading.
I could kick myself for just not thinking and popping a piece of gum whilst driving their.
So I'll be back again tomorrow 8.30 ish. Have a good day one and all. K
how frustrating for you hope all goes well in the morning k.:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6bf2c8f10fd87448c650d36e9e2e0721.jpg

Late checking in today.

Morning sugars 5,7 on waking up then down to 5,2 before breakfast following usual 5k walk.

Went to see my doctor again today to review results of my scan with him and agree way forward.

He is finally happy that cancer is out of the question but still wants to keep an eye on me so I am to take iron supplements and see him again in a month's time with some new blood analysis. Compared to the last month I had the next one should be a stroll in the park.

And you know how fond I am of strolls in the park.

Have a good rest of the day everyone

Pavlos
so happy for you pavlos :) hope you enjoy rest of you day :)

Reactions: pavlosn
D

Diabeticliberty

well as long as it works well for you happy days :) i hope that it doesnt go wrong very often cos thats not good:nailbiting: ive been advised by my dsn consultant to stay in the low 6s-low 9s because i feel awful in the low 5s cant function so when i wake up for work an im in the low 5s i have to eat be work (some bonus there :joyful: )anyway enjoy the rest of your day and well done on all the tournaments bet you won loads :)

Naaahhhh I was rubbish and lost my last one. The others weren't too bad but they were against little old ladies and kids under 5. It was a million years ago and I have now settled into a life of beer and chips Infinitely more rewarding and I don't get beaten up :)

Regarding blood sugars, there's nothing wrong that I can see with your own

Reactions: debrasue

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Naaahhhh I was rubbish and lost my last one. The others weren't too bad but they were against little old ladies and kids under 5. It was a million years ago and I have now settled into a life of beer and chips Infinitely more rewarding and I don't get beaten up :)

Regarding blood sugars, there's nothing wrong that I can see with your own
i bet you wasnt rubbish especially since you was doing tournaments but beer and chips sounds sooo good;) and overall im happy with my bgs so all good its not a one fit suits all anyway :D

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I didn't check my blood till late this morning as was fasting for blood tests at doctors which was at 11:20 this morning, so I think DP caught me out as I got a reading of 5.6. at about 10:45.

Am a little nervous about my HbA1c as though my levels have been pretty good over all, I have had a few freakishly high readings in the last couple of months one being a 14 the highest level I can recall in the last couple of years.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I didn't check my blood till late this morning as was fasting for blood tests at doctors which was at 11:20 this morning, so I think DP caught me out as I got a reading of 5.6. at about 10:45.

Am a little nervous about my HbA1c as though my levels have been pretty good over all, I have had a few freakishly high readings in the last couple of months one being a 14 the highest level I can recall in the last couple of years.

Hi John hope all went well for you this morning! K

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My number was 8.7 this morning. Not happy seeing the number creep up like that. Think I need more turkey in my diet. ;)
I had just checked my BG, I still got a spite but it was much smaller. Got a reading of 10.4 just now, still a bit high. But not as big a spite as I feared. We'll see how I am in the morning. I looked at the overall averages, these seem to gradually be coming down. So that is encouraging. Someone on here characterized diabetes as a very long marathon. So I'll try to keep that in mind as I go forward.

Last edited:
D

Diabeticliberty

Bonjour à vous tous mes beaux paons et paons diabétiques à plumes. I have just awoken from a dream where I sadly got run over by a double decked bus. The number on the front was 39A. Rather spookily my waking blood are 3.9mmols it's a sign, it's a sign today I shall not be stepping out in front of buses, lorries or fire engines. All have yourselves a splendid Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
e8222bd1f2b3a33b1d25a69388dfe723.jpg
Good morning all.

Woke up at 5:00 am with levels at 5,7 mmol/l. My 50 min morning walk brought this down to 5,1.

I have been off metformin for three days now. I had to come off it the day prior to CT scan as the chemical they inject to assist with visualisation during the scan clashes with it and could cause kidney problems.

Part of me wants to come off it completely but part of me says that I have been doing fine with it without any side effects so perhaps I should not change my routine. I am opting for the latter option. If my next Hba1c is as low as I am currently expecting it to be, I might discuss coming off it with my doctor but I suspect he will not wish to rock the cradle either.

Anyway enough about me.

Hope you all have a great day ahead of you.

Pavlos

Last edited:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'm sure your Hb1Ac will be super, the odd spike shouldn't affect it too much? x