Boiling hot and tingling feet.

CFinn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just wondering if you could help. I'm T2. I have very very hot feet! They constantly tingle and I feel I've got pins in them. I've had my foot check and the nurse says they are fine. I do have very dry feet and hard skin. I'm always hot and feel like I'm melting even when others say it's cold. Wearing a sweater is a dream! Some nights they are so hot I have to sit with my feet in the freezer to cool them down. Every night I have a cool pack that I put my feet under to keep them cold but it doesn't last long. Any ideas or thoughts ?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondering if you could help. I'm T2. I have very very hot feet! They constantly tingle and I feel I've got pins in them. I've had my foot check and the nurse says they are fine. I do have very dry feet and hard skin. I'm always hot and feel like I'm melting even when others say it's cold. Wearing a sweater is a dream! Some nights they are so hot I have to sit with my feet in the freezer to cool them down. Every night I have a cool pack that I put my feet under to keep them cold but it doesn't last long. Any ideas or thoughts ?

How long has this been going on for, and are they hoot 100% of the time?

Reactions: gvintagedrken

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @CFinn - something that has sprung to mind to ask you is if you are hyperthyroid? Before I was diagnosed with Graves' disease (a hyperthyroid condition) my feet were boiling all the time, tingly, and very swollen with oedema, and I had night sweats and overwhelming hot flushes.

Obviously I'm not saying this IS the cause for your hot feet, but it might be worth asking your GP about getting your thyroid checked.

Hugs.

CFinn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Cheers thank you for this. I had a blood test a few days ago and thyroid function was on it so hopefully I'll be able to get to the bottom to if all. Thank you so much xx

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hi I had burning sensation down my legs and got worse at night the diagnosis was Diabetic Neuropathy as I've had type one for 35 years , no cure but just keep fit and blood sugar as normal as possible and they said that could help it not progress x

mally4355

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had burning feet for a couple of years and then sharp pains stabbing on and off and now my feet are pain free but numb constantly and thats been a result of neuropathy because i didnt control my sugar levels for a long time but now i do and ive been diabetic for 30 yrs

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I ust to soak my feet in ice water for this and it didnt even feel cool to me.