Different cheeses and the dreaded C

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I adore my one ounce melted cheese tray with two or three differnt cheeses. A few small bites of each but I'm thinking it's constipating me. I think when we were just eating Brie it actually helped. Then we added either butterkase, Colby jack, Gouda or havarti. Now things have changed. Melted, the later cheeses are more rubbery/ chewy than Brie and if that's how they are in my mouth they're probably that way in my intestines ha ha. Sorry TMI. Brie is always soft.

So the question is, do differnt cheeses show up differently ? Some better some worse? Maybe after cheese I should have milk and problem solved haha. But no thanks.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kristin251 . I honestly have no idea. But you have definitely given me something to ponder for awhile and raised a bit of a smile thinking of melted cheese and how it travels through ones body.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kristin251 . I honestly have no idea. But you have definitely given me something to ponder for awhile and raised a bit of a smile thinking of melted cheese and how it travels through ones body.
Haha. Here's the cheese tray. 1 oz Brie, and half ounce of two differnt cheese mentioned above. The Brie gets a few home roasted browned butter pecans, the havarti gets s drizzle of basil oil and some fresh chopped basil, the cheddar jack gets a spicy powdered mix I make ( Cajun seasoning, jalapeño powder, red pepper flakes and sea salt. The whole plate gets sprinkled with chopped green onion. It's my favorite time of day

When I look at the cheese melted, the cheeses other than Brie need a fork to cut through and require chewing. Too much chewing and it turns into a cement rock. The Brie requires no cutting or chewing if it weren't for the pecans. Just melts in your mouth. Now if it's chewy and rubbery in my mouth I'm sure it doesn't soften up in my intestines. The Brie is never anything but melt in your mouth!!
It would seriously be no hardship to just eat more Brie. So this will be my experiment. In my mind the cheese texture could make a big difference. I DO NOT want to give my my cheese!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ixarix

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kristin251 . That actually sounds quite tempting all but for the spicy powder mix ( don't do hot/spicy ).
Xmas is my big cheese time. Brie, roulade, cheddars and my go to favourite Stilton. Have to admit never considered melting them ( but who knows on a cold winter night ), just best butter and cream crackers.
Never considered anything more than how much to bolus for my indulgence.
Amazing what you learn from people, I'll definitely consider your melted cheese tray.

D

Deleted member 308541

@Kristin251 I am confused with the title of the thread "Different cheeses and the dreaded C". When I see the words "The Dreaded C" my mind automatically thinks Cancer.

I hope your title has got truncated and you meant something else. :D

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I adore my one ounce melted cheese tray with two or three differnt cheeses. A few small bites of each but I'm thinking it's constipating me. I think when we were just eating Brie it actually helped. Then we added either butterkase, Colby jack, Gouda or havarti. Now things have changed. Melted, the later cheeses are more rubbery/ chewy than Brie and if that's how they are in my mouth they're probably that way in my intestines ha ha. Sorry TMI. Brie is always soft.

So the question is, do differnt cheeses show up differently ? Some better some worse? Maybe after cheese I should have milk and problem solved haha. But no thanks.
I thought it was eggs caused constipation.

D

Deleted member 308541

CONSTIPATION MY FRIEND!!

I am pleased to hear that's what it was, as I have just put a fair bit of cheese into the omelette mix.
Sometimes and sometimes not. Now I was going to have egg salad dinner and you're freaking me out!!
Three egg omelettes do not bind me up to much, I find a beer or three helps with the BIg C.
0y4h3.gif

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Try a spooful of virgin coconut oil every morning.
Works wonders for me and I'm on heavy opiates.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I bet casu marzu would have the opposite effect- the fear factor alone should loosen things up.