Struggling with diabetes lately[emoji20]

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m in year 10 at school now and my mocks are coming up and I’ve been trying to revise for them I’ve also experienced not wanting to test or do needles anymore because I’m really tired of diabetes

Reactions: Freema

keating99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been in the same position when I was your age. A lot of us were, and there will be more to follow. It's a natural phase of acceptance.

The only advice I can give you is to just stop and think about the situation. We are lucky to be alive, life is so precious. Unfortunately we have gotten this condition that is annoying & inconvenient at times, but lets do our best to make it a great life. I'm not looking down from any high horse or anything like that, I was in the exact same position as you many times, but I have thought myself to accept the conditionI have been given.

Do your best with your diabetes, and you will get the best out of life. In a few years you will look back and know exactly what I am talking about. Best of luck going forward and don't leave diabetes get the better of you, you own the diabetes it doesn't own you.

Good luck in your exams.

leahkian

The people have given you good advice but remember these are mock exams. If you are worried tell a teacher you trust of how you are feeling, it may be worthwhile getting in touch with a diabetic nurse and tell them how you feel. You are not alone i have a brother who also has diabetes but has never accepted it and will not go to appointments. I have tried to talk to him as i have had diabetes a lot longer but he does not want to no. I got diabetes when i was 3 and due to diabetes i have had many ops on my eyes,hands and elbow. I had a pancreas and kidney transplant 2 years ago which was great but i still have problems caused by the diabetes. There were many times in hospital when i thought why me! the thing it is me. You are a young girl and have a life to live, over the next 10 years you will encounter exams,alcohol and other things that shape your life. You can control your diabetes or let the diabetes control you. At least there is more awareness about diabetes today i went to a comp where i was the only diabetic in a school of over 1100 pupils and when i started going out i had all types of stupid questions like if i kiss you will i get diabetes, to which i replied no but i will turn into a frog. good luck and remember always talk to someone if you have a problem. The next time i want to see you is when your running the country.

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Be careful around exams since high sugars can cause stress and high stress can cause high sugars. Both bad for concentrating. Better mock exams than the real deal. Give you time to get yourself psyched for a good exam routine.

Thank you:)

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been in the same position when I was your age. A lot of us were, and there will be more to follow. It's a natural phase of acceptance.

The only advice I can give you is to just stop and think about the situation. We are lucky to be alive, life is so precious. Unfortunately we have gotten this condition that is annoying & inconvenient at times, but lets do our best to make it a great life. I'm not looking down from any high horse or anything like that, I was in the exact same position as you many times, but I have thought myself to accept the conditionI have been given.

Do your best with your diabetes, and you will get the best out of life. In a few years you will look back and know exactly what I am talking about. Best of luck going forward and don't leave diabetes get the better of you, you own the diabetes it doesn't own you.

Good luck in your exams.

Thank you so much:))

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The people have given you good advice but remember these are mock exams. If you are worried tell a teacher you trust of how you are feeling, it may be worthwhile getting in touch with a diabetic nurse and tell them how you feel. You are not alone i have a brother who also has diabetes but has never accepted it and will not go to appointments. I have tried to talk to him as i have had diabetes a lot longer but he does not want to no. I got diabetes when i was 3 and due to diabetes i have had many ops on my eyes,hands and elbow. I had a pancreas and kidney transplant 2 years ago which was great but i still have problems caused by the diabetes. There were many times in hospital when i thought why me! the thing it is me. You are a young girl and have a life to live, over the next 10 years you will encounter exams,alcohol and other things that shape your life. You can control your diabetes or let the diabetes control you. At least there is more awareness about diabetes today i went to a comp where i was the only diabetic in a school of over 1100 pupils and when i started going out i had all types of stupid questions like if i kiss you will i get diabetes, to which i replied no but i will turn into a frog. good luck and remember always talk to someone if you have a problem. The next time i want to see you is when your running the country.

Thank you so much:)) this comment has cheered me up so much I have a diabetic brother too!

Reactions: Freema

leahkian

I am pleased you feel better and at the end of the day you can only try your best but talking things through is always a good idea, even though you might not want to worry people( i am like that but i sometimes go in to hospital to help the new doctors learn about diabetes, the more they know the better the treatment we will get). Just remember there are lots of people of different ages who have the same thoughts as you, it is not uncommon. One time when i had to go in to hospital i had to push my dad in(he has polio) so the nurses came over to him and told him to lie on the bed. He said its not me you want its my son and god help me if i look as bad as he does!!!!

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am pleased you feel better and at the end of the day you can only try your best but talking things through is always a good idea, even though you might not want to worry people( i am like that but i sometimes go in to hospital to help the new doctors learn about diabetes, the more they know the better the treatment we will get). Just remember there are lots of people of different ages who have the same thoughts as you, it is not uncommon. One time when i had to go in to hospital i had to push my dad in(he has polio) so the nurses came over to him and told him to lie on the bed. He said its not me you want its my son and god help me if i look as bad as he does!!!!

Awand thank you for your help

leahkian

You are more than welcome as i have been there and you are the same age as my daughter and she stressed with school and she is not a diabetic but i think you are a bright girl who has had the courage to come on here and ask for help and this will help you through life and remember you are not alone, so go and smash them exams.

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You are more than welcome as i have been there and you are the same age as my daughter and she stressed with school and she is not a diabetic but i think you are a bright girl who has had the courage to come on here and ask for help and this will help you through life and remember you are not alone, so go and smash them exams.

I’ll try my best, thankyou!