t1

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes over a year and a half ago I was just entering DKA. Im 13 and just stared my GCSE’s in year 9. I’m the only one with diabetes in my family it’s hard for them as it is me but it’s harder to keep explaining what I need to do when I need to do it or for them to understand. I have come along way since last year but I still struggle mentally with know my life will never be the same. I feel different in my self. I’m also the only one with diabetes in my friendship group and would like some friends who really understand what it’s like to like with diabetes.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm forty, so not who are looking for, but it sounds like you're being really strong and doing a good job! Keep it up and try to explain to your parents and friends what you really need from them to support you, and someone around your age will probably come along shortly. All the best to you and and your family!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi @W.bubble13
welcome to the forum. !!:)

I will try and tag some people who may be interested in speaking with you .

you're very brave for posting .

I wish you all the best !!
x

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes over a year and a half ago I was just entering DKA. Im 13 and just stared my GCSE’s in year 9. I’m the only one with diabetes in my family it’s hard for them as it is me but it’s harder to keep explaining what I need to do when I need to do it or for them to understand. I have come along way since last year but I still struggle mentally with know my life will never be the same. I feel different in my self. I’m also the only one with diabetes in my friendship group and would like some friends who really understand what it’s like to like with diabetes.

I’m fourteen and i don’t have any friends with diabetes apart from online ones here if you need a chat