ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I am trying to. Do you guys do keto or low carb.
I'm doing low carb. Some do keto thou. I tried keto and ended up on more meds for blood pressure, strange I know.
Low carb with not too much protein for me. Fat isn't that revelant but I'm not high fat. I have to get mine just right, to lose.
I think some do well on their diet which works for their bgs.
If I get high bgs I never lose. I can even add.
I use my meter and insulin to keep my bgs in good levels. If I'm 4-6mmol/l constantly. I lose. As you can see I really struggle. Seeing dn in november for her input. As not losing without those perfect bgs.

Reactions: Roxxy and Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sorry for the questions this morning.
I was told weight loss would be hard, their not joking.
I have lost this week from 119.20kgs as I'm 118.60kgs this morning so less than 1kg loss thou.
I just need my enthusiasm back.
If anyone finds it please message me. lol
Frustration as not enough money to buy the foods I need, isnt helping.
On a positive note. We had a family day out on a Halloween farm on wednesday. 4yr old still getting over the fact he had to share the go-karts. Kids!
Back to 119.90 after yesterday's 120.90kg.
I'm a different weight everyday. I know due to tummy water retention. Its so distracting.
No metformin til tomorrow. Workings have returned to normal. Phew!
Kids back to school on monday so maybe clingy 4yr old's absence can help me recharge my batteries to get back on track.
Hopefully.
Good bgs are definitely the key for my weight loss. Although a few stories of insulin takers overdosing lately has totally unnerved me. My confidence in using insulin to lose weight is very very tricky. I'm prepared to continue using insulin as I have no other choice, some have. It has to work for me though otherwise all my hard work is in vain.

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

Roxxy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm doing low carb. Some do keto thou. I tried keto and ended up on more meds for blood pressure, strange I know.
Low carb with not too much protein for me. Fat isn't that revelant but I'm not high fat. I have to get mine just right, to lose.
I think some do well on their diet which works for their bgs.
If I get high bgs I never lose. I can even add.
I use my meter and insulin to keep my bgs in good levels. If I'm 4-6mmol/l constantly. I lose. As you can see I really struggle. Seeing dn in november for her input. As not losing without those perfect bgs.
It can be tough to lose weight and then having to keep blood sugars in control too. I think u are amazing for being able to do that. Well done

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I am trying to. Do you guys do keto or low carb.

I do low carb - but definitely not keto. No pasta, rice, potatoes etc. Lots of veg, some fruit (very careful about portions) Not high fat - mostly low fat for milk, yoghurt etc - though I'm not so worried about non-animal fats.

Roxxy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I do low carb - but definitely not keto. No pasta, rice, potatoes etc. Lots of veg, some fruit (very careful about portions) Not high fat - mostly low fat for milk, yoghurt etc - though I'm not so worried about non-animal fats.
That's the sort of diet if like to follow. Keto hasn't really worked for weight loss with me but it definitely helps with blood sugar control. I like to have a bit more veg then u can on keto.

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think I was eating (craving) protein on keto so bgs went high not long after starting it.
One day I may try keto again. Never say never.
I might need keto to maintain my weight once I've lost my 5stones I aim to lose. I haven't maintained a huge loss before. I t is ment to be harder than losing. God help me! Ha ha.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the sort of diet if like to follow. Keto hasn't really worked for weight loss with me but it definitely helps with blood sugar control. I like to have a bit more veg then u can on keto.

I am far from convinced that eating carrots and other root veg is wrong - keto really isn't for me (she says eyeing up the squash, carrot and onion soup that I made last night for todays lunch - yum!)

Reactions: ickihun and Roxxy

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I was eating (craving) protein on keto so bgs went high not long after starting it.
One day I may try keto again. Never say never.
I might need keto to maintain my weight once I've lost my 5stones I aim to lose. I haven't maintained a huge loss before. I t is ment to be harder than losing. God help me! Ha ha.

Maintaining is my biggest worry :(

Reactions: rainbow79

Roxxy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am far from convinced that eating carrots and other root veg is wrong - keto really isn't for me (she says eyeing up the squash, carrot and onion soup that I made last night for todays lunch - yum!)
I so agree. I love veggies. I don't feel satisfied with a tiny little portion of veggies and loads medium portion of protien and loads of fat. I mean it may be good for lots of people. But not really my thing. I did it for a few months once and as the fat stops u from feeling hungry I want eating very much. And then I got so severely constipated and my hair started falling out.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't think I'll be losing this week. Those monster jellies are talking to me. Marshmallow Frankensteins and spiders too. Don't ask me about chocolates with space dust in them. Even though just the size of a one penny. My delightful 4yr old has decided we MUST share. As he forced the samples in my face last night. How could I refuse his angelic face. Ha ha.
This is worse than xmas. o_O:facepalm:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun and @Polgara - I think that anyone who has lost weight positively (as opposed to being a result of being unwell or whatever) is concerned about the "what next?".

I can only speak personally on this, because I haven't discussed it too much, but in my view, the key is not making any big changes at the end of weight loss. Scale up the food a little at a time until the weight stabilises, then work on variations on that theme,

I'm not talking specifically on here, but often people finish their diet, and that first thing that's planned is some sort of treat. It took me a while to stop weight loss, but once I had achieved that I didn't increase my "treats" for quite a while because I was enjoying my food, and wasn't particularly craving anything.

Good luck with it when the time comes.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun and @Polgara - I think that anyone who has lost weight positively (as opposed to being a result of being unwell or whatever) is concerned about the "what next?".

I can only speak personally on this, because I haven't discussed it too much, but in my view, the key is not making any big changes at the end of weight loss. Scale up the food a little at a time until the weight stabilises, then work on variations on that theme,

I'm not talking specifically on here, but often people finish their diet, and that first thing that's planned is some sort of treat. It took me a while to stop weight loss, but once I had achieved that I didn't increase my "treats" for quite a while because I was enjoying my food, and wasn't particularly craving anything.

Good luck with it when the time comes.
I have some time to go yet. For correct bmi I need 9st more off. Consultant will be happy if I get anything more than 3st off. It was 7st thou. He and his team wish me luck. I dont want to let their hardwork down. If I can get another stone off by xmas I'll be happy. It is getting difficult as food money is having to be ploughed elsewhere.
Last year I started dieting on 1st jan 2017. As all pressure off and plenty of protein was in cupboards. Stress does muck me up.
I need to relax into xmas. Ha ha

Reactions: Polgara

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3/11

Morning all. Very pleased with a 1.4 kg (3lb) loss this week. Have been on a one meal per day regime, which has paid off. Continuing with @ickihun s format:

Started 101.1 kg (222.8 pounds) December 2016
Today 66.3 kg (146.2 pounds)
Lost 34.8 kg (76.7 pounds)

Reactions: Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started 115.3kg 5.4.17
Today 70.3kg
Lost 45.0kg (that's just over 7 stones)

Which means that this week - for the first time since starting this journey - I've not lost any weight.

But seeing as I've not gained any weight either - that is perfectly ok with me :)

If I stayed at this weight from now on I'd be very happy - it's a healthy weight and I feel really good :)

Let's see what happens next week.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all.
Started 101kgs 29 june 2017
Today 72 kgs
Lost 31 kgs.

I have put on a kg this week.:(

I have been very much hungrier than usual. And feeling the cold, and very tired. I have had my thyroid levels checked and they are still in normal limits. But I feel that they are too low for me. I asked my gp how they assess the people who take both levothyroxin and metformin and she didnt know what I was talking about. When I explained she actually said " then we will never know, will we". And suggested that I had chronic fatigue syndrome. Have got a referral to an endo but feeling really fed up right now.

Am.really tempted to.follow the example of loads of.people on the healthunlocked site and just buy my own.

Sorry about the moaning.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very small loss for me this week just 0.2kg, still it’s a loss. I’ve at least broken the 90kg barrier :)

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 89.8kg 3rd Nov’17
Total lost 25.2kg = 3st 13 1/2lbs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all.
Started 101kgs 29 june 2017
Today 72 kgs
Lost 31 kgs.

I have put on a kg this week.:(

I have been very much hungrier than usual. And feeling the cold, and very tired. I have had my thyroid levels checked and they are still in normal limits. But I feel that they are too low for me. I asked my gp how they assess the people who take both levothyroxin and metformin and she didnt know what I was talking about. When I explained she actually said " then we will never know, will we". And suggested that I had chronic fatigue syndrome. Have got a referral to an endo but feeling really fed up right now.

Am.really tempted to.follow the example of loads of.people on the healthunlocked site and just buy my own.

Sorry about the moaning.
Endo will check your thyroid again. Let them help. :)

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
70KG today (and for the previous five days or so). This is a drop of 1KG and not welcome (see signature below for history).

If the past is any guide, it is a random fluctuation. I hope so.