Kids and moods

Donnac12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi folks new to this forum, my daughter is 9year old and has only been diagnosed with type 1 diabeties and upon recently her moods are becoming more and more frequent and more tempmental, Iam a single mother trying to help manage her diabeties as best i can but am finding that her moods are getting worse and worse and harder and harder to deal with she has went from a bubbly little girl to a emosh little girl and the change is her is massive. How does everyone cope with there kids moods. I feel at the end of my tether most days with her moods as we are constantly arguing about her having to eat or do bloods or insulin, any help would be grateful. Thanks for reading..

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’m 13 if you want any help just let me know I’m sore I would be able to help or answer any questions you and your daughter have

Reactions: Donnac12

Donnac12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just upon her moods how to help her stop becoming so emosh at the slightest little things this happens more when she is riding high

Reactions: W.bubble13

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok so when I was diagnosed my moods were also all over the place and I was also reading hight. I think with the moods they happen to begin with but when you are reading hight your moods tend to change how long has she been t1d

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was the same way when I was diagnosed she may still be in shock and wants you to help in any way you can but your daughter will get used to having to eat, do bloods, insulin but this doesn’t mean the moods will go away but the feelings might be there in the background waiting to come out in time but when they do just what you are doing now and tell her things she will want to hear not what she doesn’t want to hear this will pass in time

Donnac12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok so when I was diagnosed my moods were also all over the place and I was also reading hight. I think with the moods they happen to begin with but when you are reading hight your moods tend to change how long has she been t1d
She has only been diagnosed for 8 months so she is just hitting the stage of starting to struggle with it she has been referred for a phycologist to help her speak about it to someone who can help her a little more as her moods are becoming uncontrollable and she understands she has to eat but mornings and supper are the most common times that she's starting to protest against eating even the smallest snack dinner time seems to be the most temper tantrum time for her even if I make her fav dinner.

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok so I was the same way maybe you should not give her is she don’t want a snack and when she’s low she will know that she need to eat a s snack