Sure-T sites

amcdee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI Folks,

I am looking for a little advice / your experiences. I've been pumping for only about a month, using sure-ts. One of the motivations to moving to a pump, was the option of using alternative sites. I really like the idea of a using my thighs, but as yet have not done so. Somehow I'm a little nervous about even trying.

Does anyone use sure-ts on their thigh? and if you do please share your experience.

thanks

Alan

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @amcdee i am also on Sure-t’s but haven’t tried thighs yet so would be curious to see if anyone else responds, I have been wary for 2 reasons one is the tubing and how it would cope through clothes and also fat levels of thighs isn’t great, although I always used for mdi.

amcdee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks for the response juice.. looks like we are the only ones mad enough to try it. :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @amcdee How about we both give it a go then ? :)

I did try my lower chest a few weeks ago and it was ok but caught it a few times, tum is fine but I have noticed some absorption issues in some places and you have to watch the middle bit as it catches on trousers and jeans, it's just the tubing which would be an issue, maybe we start the 'alternative cannula set club' - we could be the founding members ?!

Nor3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
HI Folks,

I am looking for a little advice / your experiences. I've been pumping for only about a month, using sure-ts. One of the motivations to moving to a pump, was the option of using alternative sites. I really like the idea of a using my thighs, but as yet have not done so. Somehow I'm a little nervous about even trying.

Does anyone use sure-ts on their thigh? and if you do please share your experience.

thanks

Alan

Hi
I don't use Sure-T, I use the Quick-set (with short tubing length), but I do use my thighs as insertion sites. I have been doing so for around three years, and haven't experienced any problems.

Reactions: amcdee

amcdee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I don't use Sure-T, I use the Quick-set (with short tubing length), but I do use my thighs as insertion sites. I have been doing so for around three years, and haven't experienced any problems.
Thanks for response

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI Folks,

thanks

Alan

Hi, Alan, Things should be ok when you have had more experience of placing sets in areas that are not so easy, this has to be learnt and takes time and perseverance - or at least, this was my experience. I have been a pump user for many years, - you may have to use numerous sites/areas of the body as the years go on, unless there become better options available. If you don't, there will probably be too much scar tissue if using just a few areas, and these areas may become impossible to use in years to come. I use Sure Ts, they usually need changing every two days, or 3 if you find this ok. (as i did for the first years). I have to use every 2 days mostly now - that is 180 plus sets placed somewhere every year. Other areas have to be used, upper thighs are the easiest. It is not ideal but that is how it is. I find that how easy it is depends on various things, including how much fat you have under your skin. ) much easier with more fat),. If there is not much where you want to put infusion sets, they may not work well, or may be painful to get in, or may need a lot of skill to put in. I use the shortest needle available, and the longest tubing. How you get on with other sites also depends on the thinness and/or sensitivity of your skin. I hope it works out - it really does take time to learn to put sets in - i am still learning...best wishes

Reactions: Juicyj

Saffron26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Alan, I use sure-Ts and use my thighs as additional sites - it took me a few times to get used to using thighs but I got used to it. It is worth giving it a go!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes