Libre sensor

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably going to sound silly but just got my libre delivered today (funded by myself! 1.is it ok in the shower or will it need covering and 2.is there anywhere the sensors are a bit cheaper as i can only find the 58 pound ones

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Soapybubs87 It's fine in the shower, bath and swimming pool :)

Unfortunately the libre sensors cannot be purchased anywhere else, as they're manufactured by Abbott only.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Probably going to sound silly but just got my libre delivered today (funded by myself! 1.is it ok in the shower or will it need covering and 2.is there anywhere the sensors are a bit cheaper as i can only find the 58 pound ones
The sensors are only the one price from Abbott, but you should be ticking the VAT relief box as a Type 1, because you don't need to pay it.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it helps, there's a free delivery code kicking about somewhere which is changed each month by Abbott. Saves about £5 per order I think. This thread has the latest code and a link to a Facebook group where it gets updated each month. :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck. Showers are fine. I cover when swimming. The worse thing is husbands walking past and knocking it off with 5 days to go

emmay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Soapybubs87
As people have said showers etc are fine, the problem I have with mine is getting it off at the end of two weeks without taking a layer of skin off, I have now managed to get some free samples from companies that do adhesive removal wipes/sprays they work brilliantly.

One massive tip about your sensor is when you first put it on, don’t activate straight away wait at least a day for it to settle in, good luck I love mine x

Reactions: himtoo

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Soapybubs87
As people have said showers etc are fine, the problem I have with mine is getting it off at the end of two weeks without taking a layer of skin off, I have now managed to get some free samples from companies that do adhesive removal wipes/sprays they work brilliantly.

One massive tip about your sensor is when you first put it on, don’t activate straight away wait at least a day for it to settle in, good luck I love mine x
Aww thank you rookie mistake i will remember for next time i put it on then ledt it for an hour or so and started using it! Thanks for the tips x

emmay

Type of diabetes
Type 1

dicksear

Type of diabetes
Type 1

There is a box on the bottom of the online order page to affirm you are a diabetic takes off the VAT knocks it down to £48 a sensor

Reactions: Soapybubs87