So I've just used my glucorx nexus for the first time

Lawrencepa

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
And it almost seems too good to be true but my blood sugar was 5.7mml/mol(?) This was taken around an hour and a half after eating and I did have a few carbs today. Is this good? Or can they sometimes be inaccurate

Lawrencepa

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What was bg before food & what did you eat
I don't know I only just got the package an hour after I ate and used it straight away. I had things like cocktail sausages and meat which had some sort of bbqey sauce on it. I was at a party so i had no choice. but is that good?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suppose the better way to test a new machine is with meals you are familiar with, then you know what kind of results you usually get.

Reactions: Jenniewren1958

hawkeyeuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I still don't have full confidence in the glucorx meters. I was changed to this machine by my surgery (cost cutting) with the excuse of wanting to standardize the prescribing of the meters and test strips. So they 'gave me the nexus' which is worse than a brick to carry around, today I managed to get the latest nexus ultra mini to replace the nexus mini which I eventually got from my drs to
carry while at work. did a side by side comparison using the same drop of bloo and test strips from the same sealed container and the results were .75 different. I do not consider this good in any way becaus as a driver this "difference" could make the difference to whether i was fit to drive or not. I do not find this acceptable