Weekly weigh in - Fridays

D

Deleted member 308541

I got to weigh myself on a decent set of scales at the hospital yesterday while I was a inpatient there.

I have got back to 92.5 Kgs in my hospital gown and underpants. I relaxed my low carbs diet a bit to put some weight back on as I went past my target and ended up in the mid 80 Kgs mark.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya. I’m only in my first cycle, so did 2 weeks of one meal a day and am now just over a week into the non-restrictive week. Interestingly, I am probably hungrier on 2 meals a day (sticking with skipping breakfast in both phases). I got the two week on, two week off idea from @Chook who posted a link to this article which describes a study where intermittent dieting, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off led to greater weight loss than continuous dieting: https://idmprogram.com/eat-fast-break-fast/

I’m close to my target weight (within 3 kilos), but will have to revise that down as I still have more weight to lose from around my middle, so am hoping this cycle will help to lose a bit more.

I posted a mini-review of the first two weeks here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/two-weeks-of-consecutive-24-hour-fasts.128908/

Hello. Thanks for this. Will have a good read. I have 5kgs to go, and seem to be stuck around the 70kgs mark. Been away for a few days and had a lot more to eat than usual, but still (mostly) low carb. However, my bgl went up, which I expected, and has refused to come down again, which I did not. Only thing to do is learn and carry on, I suppose.

Its interesting you say that you are hungrier on the more food days. I have not really been hungry at all since starting lchf, but have wanted to eat EVERYTHING since my little holiday. Only really getting to grips with the hunger now. I wonder if the extra food causes extra insulin which drives hunger.

Do you just have 2 meals, or do you have snacks as well if they are low carb? If you are hungry then upping protein must be a real temptation. I found I was eating lots of nuts!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I got to weigh myself on a decent set of scales at the hospital yesterday while I was a inpatient there.

I have got back to 92.5 Kgs in my hospital gown and underpants. I relaxed my low carbs diet a bit to put some weight back on as I went past my target and ended up in the mid 80 Kgs mark.
I've relaxed too. This is Christmas for me now.....the build up has started. In a few days I'm preparing the decorations for garden and living room. Windows are now the kids domain.
I'm hoping to maintain my weight here til January'18 . I did add a few pounds but I lost it once I restarted metformin again. My walking pain has put a block on more exercise, for now. I live in hope of a painfree xmas. Only xmas present I'm hoping for.

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hello. Thanks for this. Will have a good read. I have 5kgs to go, and seem to be stuck around the 70kgs mark. Been away for a few days and had a lot more to eat than usual, but still (mostly) low carb. However, my bgl went up, which I expected, and has refused to come down again, which I did not. Only thing to do is learn and carry on, I suppose.

Its interesting you say that you are hungrier on the more food days. I have not really been hungry at all since starting lchf, but have wanted to eat EVERYTHING since my little holiday. Only really getting to grips with the hunger now. I wonder if the extra food causes extra insulin which drives hunger.

Do you just have 2 meals, or do you have snacks as well if they are low carb? If you are hungry then upping protein must be a real temptation. I found I was eating lots of nuts!
I dropped the nuts and cheese and lost. Odd nut occasionally now but mine gets very very easily into more and more.

Reactions: rainbow79

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi

I tend to just have 2 meals and avoid snacks, but where I do have snacks they are low carb (nuts or 85%+ chocolate). With the nuts I have to buy small bags as the entire contents of any size bag will automatically disappear! Same with the chocolate - I've now stopped stocking it at home as it's hard to stop at a couple of pieces. I try to increase fat if I'm hungry or just on one meal a day - so plenty of cream with desserts like raspberries or chocolate chia pudding.

I do think extra food makes you want more and it's harder to stay ultra low carb when eating 3 times a day unless you want to cut veg out.

I'm sure your blood glucose will come down. I've been away at my Dad's this weekend, and even though I did some of the cooking (introduced him to Fat Head Pizza), sugars were all over the place - much higher than usual on Saturday and yesterday and very low all day on Sunday. And then fasting BG of 3.8 this morning, followed by a liver dump up to 6 a couple of hours later! Body is thoroughly confused, I think!

Reactions: marathonmona

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to jump the gun a bit. Weight this morning is hovering between 69KG and 70KG so not far from dipping into "underweight" BMI territory. But as I explained last week, this does not bother me, because of my body type (full explanation in my post #2454 above).

Today's news is that I bought clothes for the first time since the T2D diagnosis nine months ago. Since then I have lost 11 kilos and counting, and my waist shrank a lot. According to the tape measure, it dropped from 40 inches to 34 inches but the acid test was ... buying trousers!

So today I bought two pairs, one "smart" pair for Thanksgiving dinner next week here in the States, and one with a special "warm lining" for those sub-zero winter walks. The 34-inch trousers fit fine, with plenty of room to stick in a finger or two, and comfortable when sitting, etc.!!!

I am not sure, but I suspect the last time my waist was that size was about 20 years ago when we came to America. (My waist was about 28 inches at age 18, and 32 inches in my mid-30s).

My wife and I went shopping together. She is not diabetic but she, too, has lost several inches around the waist as a result of partially sharing the low-carb diet and ended up choosing some new jeans as a future Xmas present from somebody. I have to say honestly it is the first time I have enjoyed buying clothes ... possibly ever!

Reactions: rainbow79

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Second week “off” (in my experiment with 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off dieting) and 0.1 kg up, so essentially a maintain.

So I’ve learnt that I need at least some degree of intermittent fasting to continue losing weight now that I’m closer to my goal. Back to one meal a day from tomorrow for a couple of weeks.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started 115.3 kg BMI 39.8 5.4.17
Today 67.8 kg BMI 23.4
Lost 47.5 kg

So that's 1.7 kg down this week - and yesterday I hit my Weight Watchers goal! I don't have "official" weigh in with them until next Wednesday - so I'm holding off on celebrations until then :)

But - with a big loss this week, I am really going to have to think about NOT losing much more. I think this week was partly hormone related - post time of the month - so it may be more stable next week anyway. Plus - I've now stopped taking metformin so maybe that will help my weight stabilise too.

Whatever happens - I'm going to keep posting on this thread - not leaving you lovely, supportive people :)

Reactions: Jenniewren1958

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes. @Polgara .
Metformin dropping increases appetite.
I forgot mine yesterday but weighed in at 119.90kgs so still lost this week even thou I'm keep forgetting to take metformin. I've had some very high bgs thou due to occasional quality streets. Now theyve gone hopefully none til xmas week. Ha ha

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. @Polgara .

I forgot mine yesterday but weighed in at 119.90kgs so still lost this week even thou I'm keep forgetting to take metformin. I've had some very high bgs thou due to occasional quality streets. Now theyve gone hopefully none til xmas week. Ha ha

Well done on loss (despite sweets) Both experiences proved that I might be thin now - but I'm still diabetic.

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning everyone.
I'm haopy to stay same weight now til I start strict low carb low fat in first week of Jan'18.

So I'm weighing in at 119.90kgs this morning but haven't had no ablusions.
Also swollen water tummy isn't too bad lately either.

Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
3wks ago.
119.40kgs (18st 10lb) 20th Oct '17
Today stable 119.90kgs (18st 12lb) 17th Nov' 17
Lost. Approx 25
gs=approx 4st

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all.
Started 101 kgs june 2017
Today 70kgs
Lost 31 kgs.

So I think that's 1kg down from last week. Finding it quite a challenge at the moment.. I know that my hypothyroid symptoms are up at the moment, so I think that, plus feeling the cold has made me very hungry.

I had a very big scone yesterday and I have a wheat intolerance, so upset tummy before bed!! But just couldn't stop eating it, even tho I knew it would make me feel dreadful. Does anyone else do this? Eat something that you know will make you feel ill? (as opposed to just having too many calories?) How do you cope? I know that we all have diabetes to manage, but that usually doesn't make me feel ill ( I know I am very lucky about that.)

How are you all today?

Hope the family is well ickihun. I bet this time of year is noisy in the ickihun household!

Reactions: ickihun

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done on loss (despite sweets) Both experiences proved that I might be thin now - but I'm still diabetic.

I had hoped that losing about 30% of my starting weight would "reset" my t2d. Unfortunatly not. I know that it works for a lot of people and I am really pleased that something so simple can work so well. My bgl still goes wild if I get generous with any sort of carb, so its probably just as well that I quite like my low carb diet!!

But it would be nice to relax a little bit. On the other hand, I find it very difficult to just have a little portion of anything. So perhaps this is the best health option for me in the long term.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Many of us have been but bad bg management turns us fat. So they say. I wouldnt know. I've always been fat.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all.
Started 101 kgs june 2017
Today 70kgs
Lost 31 kgs.

So I think that's 1kg down from last week. Finding it quite a challenge at the moment.. I know that my hypothyroid symptoms are up at the moment, so I think that, plus feeling the cold has made me very hungry.

I had a very big scone yesterday and I have a wheat intolerance, so upset tummy before bed!! But just couldn't stop eating it, even tho I knew it would make me feel dreadful. Does anyone else do this? Eat something that you know will make you feel ill? (as opposed to just having too many calories?) How do you cope? I know that we all have diabetes to manage, but that usually doesn't make me feel ill ( I know I am very lucky about that.)

How are you all today?

Hope the family is well ickihun. I bet this time of year is noisy in the ickihun household!
Your scone is you pschologically having a treat because you're feeling deprived. Make some low carb treats to nibble on? Nuts if too tired. Buy a low carb treat to nibble on. Loads on-line now.
Chocolate sauces etc on amazon.
Treat yourself, healthily.
We are a product of our surroundings. Fill your cùpboards with low carb treats, santa is coming in a few weeks!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
*Runs in late! Weighed myself earlier but got side tracked by chores! :eek:
Weight down by 0.4kg this week :happy:

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 88.7kg 17th Nov’17
Total lost = 26.3 kg/4 stone 2lb

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I weighed this morning afterall. I'm 119.60kgs this morning! :) :) :) A 2.10kg loss this week! :) I'm absolutely delighted.
4.5lb loss! Last week I was full of water, even some last night. Once I month this happens just before monthly, it feels.
Surprisingly no big swollen tummy lately. However liver ALTs will most likely be up.
Hoping to be same weight on friday.

Reactions: Freema and Polgara