Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started 115.3 kg BMI 39.8 5.4.17
Today 66.7. kg BMI 23.0
Lost 48.6 kg

Lost 1.1kg this week - on Wednesday I changed my WW tracking app to maintain as not trying to lose any more.

Reactions: Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A few milestones today.

Lost 1.8 kg this week (which is 1.5 kg of real loss as put on 0.3kg over the previous two weeks). This takes me to a total weight loss of 80 pounds and my BMI is now in the normal range at 24.6.

So starting weight: 101.1 kg (December 2016)
Today’s weight: 64.8 kg
Total loss: 80 pounds/36.3 kg

HUGE HOORAY!!!! for a healthy BMI !!!! Well Done @Goonergal

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
72.7 Kg this week, down from 73.0 Kg this time last week. :)

I now have a Nokia Cardio WiFi Scale which shows weight and other data on a Heath Mate App and the Health App on my iPhone, so I can see a graph of all my readings.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. A few milestones today.

Lost 1.8 kg this week (which is 1.5 kg of real loss as put on 0.3kg over the previous two weeks). This takes me to a total weight loss of 80 pounds and my BMI is now in the normal range at 24.6.

So starting weight: 101.1 kg (December 2016)
Today’s weight: 64.8 kg
Total loss: 80 pounds/36.3 kg

Congratulations!!!!!

Do you include much exercise?

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weighing in at 120.90kgs. Stayed about the same for 8th week but have had halloween treats and Christmas chocolates with cheap carbs to get me through lean weeks to buy kids Xmas presents.
Back to bacon, ham, eggs, mushrooms, onions, veg (stir-frys), mackerel, salmon, cod and very very ocassional nut and protein bread.
Going to restart porriage with chia seeds added to see my meter result.
I have occasional fish cake with breadcrumbs removed.
No bread, rice, potato foods, nor noodles or any pasta. (Yesterday had lasagna).
Diet had gone to pot but cupboards restocked again.
Onwards and upwards! :) :) :)
Carb cravings be gone!!!

Its not easy with children to cater for, and mums will.always put the needs of family before thier own. It can be a really tough time and there is never enough money. Now that mine are grown and I'm a grandma I know I have a tendency to look back with rose tinted varifocals, but I can remember how difficult it was. I know that you have other health issues and problems to deal with, but I am so impressed that you never give up. You will get there, I am sure. A be a great mum at the same time.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations!!!!!

Do you include much exercise?

Hi. Yes, I do quite a lot of exercise - mostly walking built into my schedule and weekly walking football. However, I have been over doing it and was told to slow down by a podiatrist this week. In his words “there’s no stress fracture - yet”.

I’ve now signed up to a weekly HIIT rowing class as it will allow me to keep exercising without putting pressure on my shins.

Shelley6255

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Started LCHF in Early September was 78.5kg then now this morning new low at 67kg happy to be officially in ideal nhs weight zone at last I’m - 5 5 in height and off my Metformin bigmilestones for me. Plan to keep going but at a gentler pace and hbca1 in 3 weeks keen to see what it is

Last edited:

Shelley6255

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done Shelly. I get my HbA1c results next week & hope I can get off metformin soon
Crossing my fingers for you hope they are good. My hbca1 is overdue a four week wait at my gp just to get a blood test! Last test was early May when it was 43 Blood meter readings averaging around 6 so just need to wait and see

Reactions: Jenniewren1958

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Great achievements.

Just bought a fitbit. Well it came free with new phone. No running machine in bedroom yet but I'm hoping it can, 2man job, moved soon. Although not sure if wide enough for walking stick too but could try without and try building up stamina. Not sure how its going to go but, we'll see.
Low carbing again but not as strict as 60g like my first starting attempt.
Roll on next friday for a more serious weigh-in for me.