Help please .. Advice re Gliclazide

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I call that so negligible as to be worth ignoring. The fat in the eggs will counteract that. There are carbs in lettuce.
Well, given that I am trying to restrict my carbs to 6 grammes at breakfast time, I do have to count the carbs in eggs AND lettuce.

Shelley6255

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know exactly what you mean. I love carbs .. I especially love rice and have used it in lots of recipes same with potatoes roasted boiled fried I love potatoes and bread !!!! Oh how I love granary bread . Toasted sandwiches. Ploughmans with soup just love it. THe thought of never eating any of them again actually makes me want to cry !!! How sad am i.
I’d recommend the Lidl rolls too they are excellent but make sure you buy the high protein ones not the high gi ones big difference in carbs. High protein are 4 carbs per half a roll. I buy 8 at a time cut each one into 6 slices and freeze in packs of 3 slices. Then take them one out night before if having boiled egg or salad,
or warm them to eat with chilli no beans ! As garlic bread or warmed in butter in frying pan to go with a curry instead of a Nan they’ve been my saviour and personally don’t put my bg up and act as wonderful fibre!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d recommend the Lidl rolls too they are excellent but make sure you buy the high protein ones not the high gi ones big difference in carbs. High protein are 4 carbs per half a roll. I buy 8 at a time cut each one into 6 slices and freeze in packs of 3 slices. Then take them one out night before if having boiled egg or salad,
or warm them to eat with chill as garlic bread or warmed in butter in frying pan to go with a curry instead of a Nan they’ve been my saviour and personally don’t put my bg up and act as wonderful fibre!

Blimey! You must have very clever knives to cut each one into 6 slices! I will have a go tomorrow, but I expect failure. ;)

Reactions: Shelley6255

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A pound????? They have never been that in my Lidl. They did drop to 25p for a short while. I must have missed that increase!
My Lidl has stopped making them, but the bakery section is still producing sticky buns etc. It must be Christmas!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
My Lidl has stopped making them, but the bakery section is still producing sticky buns etc. It must be Christmas!

Thanks for the warning.

I may go round there tomorrow just to check - and take a barrow load back home for the freezer if they are still doing them.

Lidl in Ireland (N & S) don't make them and it really derailed my normal eating pattern earlier this year.

Can always complain to Lidl Central who are usually very helpful.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which reminds me. Need to get one out of the freezer for tomorrows lunch!

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All those that have bakery sections. My Lidl is fairly small but does have a section where they sell freshly cooked bread. You will find them in a basket in this section. They are dark brown, triangular in shape, and currently cost 29p per roll. You can always give them a try - but they are better either toasted or zapped for a minute or so in the microwave otherwise they don't taste as good.

I toasted mine and slathered it in butter and threw it away after a couple of bites. I love butter the waste hurt. Dare I admit that I'd bought 2 and chucked the other one away as well.:nailbiting::)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I toasted mine and slathered it in butter and threw it away after a couple of bites. I love butter the waste hurt. Dare I admit that I'd bought 2 and chucked the other one away as well.:nailbiting::)

Just as many rave about avocado, so I bought 2 for the first time ever and used forum advice on the best ones to buy. I thought they were disgusting and threw them away. Just shows that taste is very individual. :):nailbiting:

Reactions: dbr10

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
wow, thanks for that link. I am not eating enough protein.

and I'm eating about twice what it recommends. It also underestimates the amount of calories in my case. It recommends 1,488 to maintain my current weight. I would still be losing if I ate so few - and I know this because when I changed from weight loss to maintenance I had to get above 1,800 or I just Kept losing. On above 1800 I have been stable for 3 years.

Oh how different we all are! :rolleyes: