Advice

Shell8810

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Type 1 diabetic for 31 years. Pins and needles in both arms with shooting pains feels like a hot poker been put though my vains. The pain is awful at night time which therefore I can't sleep very well. I also have pain when eating and have the same feeling in my stomach as anyone else suffered these problems? And can provide advice. Thank you.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Shell8810. Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry I can't really help you.
Perhaps if you could give us more insight into your diabetes management and medication this might help.
Have you had any medical advice on what the problem could be?

D

Deleted Account

My advice would be to see a doctor who will be much better at diagnosing your problem than anyone on this forum (no offence intended to the great minds on the forum).

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum, @Shell8810 .

Sorry you're having these issues.
Certainly an appointment with your HCP is the first point of call..

As well as for your diabetes managment. What meds are you prescribed?

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yup time to get to clinic. welcome to the forum.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started to take Alpha Lipoic Acid when I got pins and needles in my hands. The r-ALA variant is the most effective for neuropathy. Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause neuropathy. Check with your GP.

leahkian

Does your hands or feet go numb at anytime if they do it may be a sign of nerve damage but even so you need medical advice as they may want to do some tests. Have you had any changes in medication or been under stress as these can effect your control, the thing is with having diabetes so long there could be many answers and the only way to start the process off is by visiting your GP he may be able to give you some strong pain relief for when it is worse and if you are not sleeping they sometime give you medication to relax the body.

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Type 1 diabetic for 31 years. Pins and needles in both arms with shooting pains feels like a hot poker been put though my vains. The pain is awful at night time which therefore I can't sleep very well. I also have pain when eating and have the same feeling in my stomach as anyone else suffered these problems? And can provide advice. Thank you.

Hi I have had type 1 for 35 years and have just been diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy in my legs as I was getting shooting pains in my feet and a burning down both my legs so it could be that, also I have bowl problems due to neuropathy , there are 3 types of diabetic neuropathy that can effect all parts of our body’s, but you can have treatment for the pain. Sorry to give bad news it might not be but sounds like it :(