weight loss

chrisha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi I was diagnosed in September and put on diet and exercise, I have completey changed my diet to low carb and have never felt better. I have lost about a stone and a half but for the last few weeks I have stayed about the same weight is this normal? thanks

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
will depend on your carb intake your fat and protean intakes. too much will still add weight. plus your exercising so building muscle so your fat ratio will be altering to a more lean mass. remember weight and bmi cant cope with very fit folks.

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have completey changed my diet to low carb and have never felt better. I have lost about a stone and a half but for the last few weeks I have stayed about the same weight is this normal?
HI, welcome to the forum. how much weight do you want to lose? i have been on a lchf diet now for about 18 months, and i lost about a stone over the first year, and nothing since - i guess my body now responds to my lchf diet as its normal maintenance diet. i don't actually want to get any thinner, so i'm happy with this.

chrisha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI, welcome to the forum. how much weight do you want to lose? i have been on a lchf diet now for about 18 months, and i lost about a stone over the first year, and nothing since - i guess my body now responds to my lchf diet as its normal maintenance diet. i don't actually want to get any thinner, so i'm happy with this.
hi i have no plan for my weight loss I just want to manage my diabetes as long as possible without drugs. I think for my first 3 months I am doing quite well I have had my 2nd blood test and am waiting for the result

chrisha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lchf + exercise seems to be what works for a lot of us here so that we can manage diabetes without drugs. let us know what your blood test shows. what was the result of your first one?
my first one was 53