Type 1 Wake up call

joshluck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The other day I went for a flew shot, I ended up having bloods taken as well. Around four in the morning the next day some doctor in a big bus is knocking my parents up cause I had a bg level of 27. Here’s my problem I’m the type of person who doesn’t like people fussing over me but it’s became clear to me that maybe I should see someone about this. I pretty much lost all interest in taking insulin, I’m just stuck in a cycle of eating what I want even though the rational side of my brain knows that it is not good for me yet I can’t stop my self. I’m always hungry and have always binged on food, it’s the mental side of diabetes that I struggle with. Has any one ever been in a similar situation and come out on top? I could use some guidance!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just bumping your thread up really.

You know that avoiding insulin is wrong and partly you"ll be hungry because of that. Sounds like you have burnout which many of us get at some point. You can turn it round and get back to decent figures.

joeynomates1969

The other day I went for a flew shot, I ended up having bloods taken as well. Around four in the morning the next day some doctor in a big bus is knocking my parents up cause I had a bg level of 27. Here’s my problem I’m the type of person who doesn’t like people fussing over me but it’s became clear to me that maybe I should see someone about this. I pretty much lost all interest in taking insulin, I’m just stuck in a cycle of eating what I want even though the rational side of my brain knows that it is not good for me yet I can’t stop my self. I’m always hungry and have always binged on food, it’s the mental side of diabetes that I struggle with. Has any one ever been in a similar situation and come out on top? I could use some guidance!
Hiya, I'm like you to a degree. I'm type 2 and although in the beginning I was turning myself around, eating well and exercising, I found it hard to tolerate any form of medication they gave me to bring my blood sugars down. I've even been put on insulin, but I get nasty side effects to that. I swell up, put weight on, get headaches, feel angry etc etc. I still try to eat well but then give up and have a comfort eating carb session. My efforts of exercise have gone out if the window!! I have a great deal of stress in my life at the moment So that cortisol isn't helping matters. The nurse shouted at me the other week for not trying a different insulin. I told her I was sick and tired of trying different things. To be honest, I just want to be able to get better by myself. If I am so sensitive to all of this medication, surely it's the only way. But yes, I'm a bit like you.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........

joshluck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know it’s bad avoiding insulin, it just slips my mind. And now I’m in the routine of it but I am trying to change it. Thanks for the messages.

Reactions: himtoo