Oats More Simple

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just thought i'd share - curently a pump user using Fiasp and as a creature of habbit very rarely change my eating habits once i'v fouund something that works. For past 12 months at breakfast have had a Bananna which has normally risen my BS by around 6 mmols at the 1 hour mark and nicely around 2-3 mmols higher than my pre meal reading at the 2 hour mark and back to around pre meal readings at the 3.5 - 4 hour mark this being with a 45 - 60 min pre bolus pending on my BS readings. Today i thought i would go totally bonkers and try the Apple and Bluberry Oat so simple pot at 37 gms carb. Gave myself a 15 mins pre bolus and readings as follows..

On waking............5.8 mmol (gave 15 min pre bolus)
One hour later.... 9.2 mmol
Two Hours later...6.7 mmol
3.5 Hrs later..........6 mmol

Hope this continues tomorrow... so pleased with the results! :)

Reactions: kaylz91
D

Deleted Account

Have you tried taking your insulin earlier to reduce the spike?
If you are a creature of habit, you can optimise your timings.

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried taking your insulin earlier to reduce the spike?
If you are a creature of habit, you can optimise your timings.
Hi Helensaramay... cheers for the response :).. will see how it goes tomorrow but noticed on dexcom that there was an initial drom of .6 mmol before the oats started to make my BS rise.... just a bit concerened that increasing the pre bolus by 5 mins may send me a little too low or almost hypo before the carbs kick in... but may be worth a try pending on readings tomorrow... dont want to be premature and think these readings will continue as this wonderful condition seems to please itself with where it sends my bloods...even though meals can be the same and at the same time etc.... loving this condition lol....must keep smiling!!!

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
with a 45 - 60 min pre bolus

Is that a 45-60 min pre bolus with fiasp? I though the point of fiasp was no need to pre bolus? That would be an extended pre bolus with novorapid.

Your readings with the oats so simple are fab. No more of a spike there than a non diabetic could expect and swiftly back to normal. Hope it does the same tomorrow :)

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is that a 45-60 min pre bolus with fiasp? I though the point of fiasp was no need to pre bolus? That would be an extended pre bolus with novorapid.

Your readings with the oats so simple are fab. No more of a spike there than a non diabetic could expect and swiftly back to normal. Hope it does the same tomorrow :)
I know 45 - 60 mins pre bolus is weird... only pre-bolus this length of time in a morning for my banana.... usually wake at 5 am for work so can only think that my '2nd DP' ie the one that nomally hits me as soon as i get out of bed and the fact that Bananas usually rise my BS within 15 minutes is part of the reason why i need to advance bolus so much!! love this condition so much!!!