Hello from Australia..

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Just thought id join up to since id been reading the forum for 2 years.

About me.

4 Dec 15 i found out i was diabetic lost a lot of weight had keytones really bad experiance. 6 months later tested for antibodys which i had lots.

I picked LADA rather than type 1 only because of age being i was 46 when diagnosed. Something i wish i could forget.

My honeymoon i couldnt get off the insulin all it did was reduce it. Im 6'3 70 kg lchf peels weight off doc wasnt happy so i use a few carbs to make the insulin easier to manage.

Guess thats enough for now not sure what else to write.

P

pollensa

About me.

4 Dec 15 i found out i was diabetic lost a lot of weight had keytones really bad experiance. 6 months later tested for antibodys which i had lots.

I picked LADA rather than type 1 only because of age being i was 46 when diagnosed. Something i wish i could forget.

My honeymoon i couldnt get off the insulin all it did was reduce it. Im 6'3 70 kg lchf peels weight off doc wasnt happy so i use a few carbs to make the insulin easier to manage.

Hello, I am from Byron Bay Australia, residing Pollensa Mallorca. I don't know if you know, but the cut off levels vary worldwide, and always best to get second or even third opinions in my persona viewing./

for example I am viewed Diabetic here in Spain because my A1C is 6.6% viewed diabetic in Spain, but if one flies over to New Zealand, their cut off is 6.7% with two diagnosis the same before diagnosing, so basically it depends where in the world you are diagnosed and what results which is frightening and appalling.

Its not to say Mallorca spain are wrong, but then they are not correct either, as all countries differ in what they feel and what there system view as the cut off arbitrary at whim random choice should be used to decide.

As you mention Oz, and not sure if your based over there or in UK, but keep this in mind, it may save a lot of worry, anxiety,
as here I am diabetic but that's not to say I am, and if I go to New Zealand, I am viewed PRE DIABETIC, and that's quite a different label than Diabetic.

Hope this helps.

Mallorca

Reactions: Prem51

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2

About me.

Hello and welcome!

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi and welcome. ****** the doctor you know your body. its your health

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I am from Byron Bay Australia, residing Pollensa Mallorca. I don't know if you know, but the cut off levels vary worldwide, and always best to get second or even third opinions in my persona viewing./

for example I am viewed Diabetic here in Spain because my A1C is 6.6% viewed diabetic in Spain, but if one flies over to New Zealand, their cut off is 6.7% with two diagnosis the same before diagnosing, so basically it depends where in the world you are diagnosed and what results which is frightening and appalling.

Its not to say Mallorca spain are wrong, but then they are not correct either, as all countries differ in what they feel and what there system view as the cut off arbitrary at whim random choice should be used to decide.

As you mention Oz, and not sure if your based over there or in UK, but keep this in mind, it may save a lot of worry, anxiety,
as here I am diabetic but that's not to say I am, and if I go to New Zealand, I am viewed PRE DIABETIC, and that's quite a different label than Diabetic.

Hope this helps.

Mallorca

Hi,
Are you getting any symptoms like urinating loads, being thirsty, tiredness?
Take care

Arsen01

hi all, my name is Arsen)) I am a new member here )) thanks for your post , nice to meet you all here, in this web site

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Thanks for the warm welcome..

Just to add to my intro im a farmer in the mallee in Victoria.

Busy driving heavy machinery during the day.

I havnt worked out to quote yet.

One question was why so long to join.

There is a wealth of info here just reading peoples experiences and how it relates to what happened to me taught me a lot.

Which is no mean feat.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Cobia - use trhe 'Reply' button at bottom right of a post if you want to quote it.
I don't know why it took you so long to be able to join, usually it is immediate.

D

Deleted member 308541

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi @Cobia - use trhe 'Reply' button at bottom right of a post if you want to quote it.
I don't know why it took you so long to be able to join, usually it is immediate.
Thanks i should have found it.... all good now.

I didnt join straight away i had to come to grips with what was happening.

I found these here.

Things like the carbs and cals app makes carb counting so much easier. Think like a pancreas....

Things like that help more than i could ever imagine.

The libre sensors my endo recomended them... she thought it would help. I read them with glimp now. Hba1c should be between 6.1 and 6.5.. will find out soon...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
@Tipetoo thanks the NDSS is a must.

Sorry the forum saw my last post to you as spam without links to anything... nuts.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks i have a curly question to ask the forum....

How long does it take tobe able to put a link up?
I tried to look up the rules and didn't find it but from memory I think that after 5 posts you may include a link. Try it now.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the warm welcome..

Just to add to my intro im a farmer in the mallee in Victoria.

Busy driving heavy machinery during the day.

One question was why so long to join.

There is a wealth of info here just reading peoples experiences and how it relates to what happened to me taught me a lot.

Which is no mean feat.

Hi mate welcome to the forum!

Andrew