Hba1c down!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cholesterol figures change a lot during the day, much like blood sugars do. If you have recently eaten, especially if it contains fat, your triglycerides result may be elevated.
They were 2.7 which was not surprising considering I had a cheese omelette followed by ff greek yoghurt with raspberries for lunch and my unplanned blood test was at 14.30!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They were 2.7 which was not surprising considering I had a cheese omelette followed by ff greek yoghurt with raspberries for lunch and my unplanned blood test was at 14.30!!

Well there you go! You know what to do next time!
There are 2 standard ranges for triglycerides.
Fating - under 1.7
Non-fasting - under 2.3 (but I imagine all that fat you had recently eaten was the reason for the elevated level)

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Add that to the list of duff information from my DN!
I had my customary bacon breakfast and registered 2.5 Trigs. Much the same as last time...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well there you go! You know what to do next time!
There are 2 standard ranges for triglycerides.
Fating - under 1.7
Non-fasting - under 2.3 (but I imagine all that fat you had recently eaten was the reason for the elevated level)
Probably!!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Eliza52

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed at the beginning of September this year and my fasting glucose was 8.4 and Hb1ac 64. I've been doing Michael Moseley's BSD; I've lost almost 3 stone and my tests on Monday came back with Hb1ac of 32, Fasting glucose 4.1, plus my cholesterol was down to 3.3 (previously been around 5.5 for years) and triglycerides (so high you wouldn't believe the numbers!) now down to 1.6 - a miracle! I feel great, had to buy a complete new wardrobe (expensive but SO satisfying!). I fully intend keeping to this way of eating - I find the potential risks of not doing so ample stimulus to succeed. I'd far rather do without pasta and bread than my feet! Seen too many diabetic amputees to want to join them!