Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
0.4kg weight loss this week :happy:
I have to give advance warning that I’m not sure when I’ll next be able to post my weight again. I’m having surgery on my foot next Thursday and have to wear a surgical boot for 6-8 weeks whenever I’m standing. So it’s going to depend on me being able to balance on the scales with the boot on and then weighing the boot, to be able to subtract it from the result!

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 87.6kg 8th Dec’17
Total lost = 27.4 kg/4stone 4lb

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to give advance warning that I’m not sure when I’ll next be able to post my weight again. I’m having surgery on my foot next Thursday and have to wear a surgical boot for 6-8 weeks whenever I’m standing. So it’s going to depend on me being able to balance on the scales with the boot on and then weighing the boot, to be able to subtract it from the result!

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 87.6kg 8th Dec’17

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 87.6kg 8th Dec’17

Hope it goes well. Will you be. Able to get out and about or will you be stuck in doors?

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Starting weight 101kgs june 2017
Today 66 kgs.
Total lost 35 kgs.

One more to go. Still.diabetic. but feeling better.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Reactions: Chocomin

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope it goes well. Will you be. Able to get out and about or will you be stuck in doors?
Thank you for your good wishes. I’m going to be relying on friends and family to get out in the car. After the first two weeks when I have to stay with my foot elevated, I’ll try walking depending how good I am at walking with the boot on! Although I drive an automatic, it’s the wrong foot to be able to drive :banghead:

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 87.6kg 8th Dec’17
Hope all goes well & a speedy recovery

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for your good wishes. I’m going to be relying on friends and family to get out in the car. After the first two weeks when I have to stay with my foot elevated, I’ll try walking depending how good I am at walking with the boot on! Although I drive an automatic, it’s the wrong foot to be able to drive :banghead:

Not being able to drive is very restricting. We just dont realise until we are unable.to do it.

I am having my carpel tunnel snipped in a couple of weeks. No driving at all for at least 2 weeks. The buses here are dreadful and expensive. So trapped unless someone takes pity on me. At least I will be able to go for a walk. I hope you recover quickly. X

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not being able to drive is very restricting. We just dont realise until we are unable.to do it.

I am having my carpel tunnel snipped in a couple of weeks. No driving at all for at least 2 weeks. The buses here are dreadful and expensive. So trapped unless someone takes pity on me. At least I will be able to go for a walk. I hope you recover quickly. X
Oh I wish you well with your carpal tunnel surgery. I had carpal tunnel surgery on one wrist in Summer ‘16, I wasn’t allowed to drive til the stitches came out on day 14. It is very frustrating not being able to drive :banghead:

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today, 70KG and BMI 18.7 which has been steady more than two months now and probably about how I was about 15 years ago. I am happy with this although it would not surprise me if it crept down a bit in the future (on some days the scales are in fact reading 69KG). Losing a little bit more would be fine too, considering my very thin body type (I was "underweight" but still perfectly healthy for my first 40 years of life).

There is some redistribution going on. I bought new trousers a few weeks ago with a 34" waist (down from 40" at diagnosis last February) and they were a perfect fit, but they are now "hanging off me" and I have to wear a belt or they fall down! I probably should have waited another few months before buying new clothes:D!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 87.6kg 8th Dec’17
Goodluck for thursday. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today, 70KG and BMI 18.7 which has been steady more than two months now and probably about how I was about 15 years ago. I am happy with this although it would not surprise me if it crept down a bit in the future (on some days the scales are in fact reading 69KG). Losing a little bit more would be fine too, considering my very thin body type (I was "underweight" but still perfectly healthy for my first 40 years of life).

There is some redistribution going on. I bought new trousers a few weeks ago with a 34" waist (down from 40" at diagnosis last February) and they were a perfect fit, but they are now "hanging off me" and I have to wear a belt or they fall down! I probably should have waited another few months before buying new clothes:D!
My winter coats are hanging off my shoulders and look too big now. I'm paying for my full wool one to be taken in for next winter. Only trouble is I'll have to wait until september/october to be able to guess well. For now extra jumpers aren't a hindrance in this very very cold wind.
A great feeling thou. I'm very very happy with the less morbidly obese me. :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You are doing so great despite multiple struggles. Proud of you, an inspiration to us all!

Iam thinking that if you forgot asthma med, maybe your asthma is getting milder? Look at the tiring food shopping this way - All thank walking and lifting and pushing is going to tone that bod!
I woke due to not being able to breathe so needed inhalers, unfortunately. I feel so well on them. Last winter was a nightmare with not being able to breathe. Didn't get diagnosed til approx. June time so quite new to it all. I really feel the difference compared to pre diagnosis. Far less stress.
Thank you for your encouragement. I makes a huge difference to how I carry on. It is a long long road.
Luckily because of this thread I don't feel so lonely. ;)

Chocomin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
105 > 103 kgs this week. Feels nice to be able to lose weight without (mostly) struggling against my metabolism every step of the way now.

Reactions: Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy it.
Handy this time of year, for sure.

It certainly is - and yes - eating a small cake with no worries is very enjoyable. Just a very weird feeling and not what I'm used to. I think I've turned into one of those people that I used to roll my eyes at :D

Reactions: rainbow79