Type 2.....ideas would be appreciated

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Olives , chew sugar free gum ,string cheese , tuna that comes in a packet -dont have to be refridgerated , just have a spoon on ya..
If you eat meat salami sticks are an easy carry. Lidle ( and most likely other supermarkets) do a variety of interesting European flavours. The little pots of boiled eggs and fresh spinach are good value if you don't have time to cook yourself.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Breakfast for me is Natural Full Fat Greek Yogurt - I occasionally add some blueberries or strawberries but usually I add a small amount of 'Vermont Sugar free low calorie syrup' it is a little like Maple syrup and takes off the bitter/sour taste of yogurt which I have always disliked. I purchase this from Avid Lite and have it delivered once a month - just in case anyone is interested.

If I get the munchies I usually eat nuts where possible and they are easy to keep in the drawer at work.
I hope this helps a little and that you manage to find options that work for you.

endgame

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at ditchthecarbs.com for more ideas, also agree that cereal's do not keep you full for very long, full of carbs although convenient, if you have time try cooked breakfast eggs bacon etc, good size omelette with cheese and ham etc, if no time in morning you could try cooking your breakfast the evening before ( not to be eaten before going to bed lol :) ) and warming through in morning.
Regards

Reactions: Melinda14256

KitSileya

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been lucky enough that my bg can stand me eating two rugsprø - very thin rye crispbreads with 6 gr carbs each - for lunch. I put a slice of butter (using a Skandinavian cheese slicer to get even slices) and either lunch meat or cheese slices on them. I vary the butter with a heap of Italian salad (a mayonnaise salad with julienned carrots and cabbage) and cheese slices. Yum!

On those days my fbg is high (over 5.5, that is) I have another crispbread type that's only 1.1gr carbs, but as they are fully 10 times more expensive than the rye crispbreads....

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been lucky enough that my bg can stand me eating two rugsprø - very thin rye crispbreads with 6 gr carbs each - for lunch. I put a slice of butter (using a Skandinavian cheese slicer to get even slices) and either lunch meat or cheese slices on them. I vary the butter with a heap of Italian salad (a mayonnaise salad with julienned carrots and cabbage) and cheese slices. Yum!

On those days my fbg is high (over 5.5, that is) I have another crispbread type that's only 1.1gr carbs, but as they are fully 10 times more expensive than the rye crispbreads....
Sounds lovely and you are lucky but I think I would prefer it on a cold crunchy piece of lettuce. I love gobbling fillings in lettuce leaves.

MarieU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, i am type 2 and know what foods to avoid but am struggling to get variety into my diet and as a result am finding it hard to keep my glucose level down particularly when at work. I have salad for lunch, but tend to find i am hungry a lot ( get lots of headaches) and graze all day often eating what isnt great because it's too hand in the office. Any ideas would be appreciated particularly for snacks Thank you
Eat nuts, you can add it to your salad. Beware of cashew nuts they are higher in carbs. Add protein, add roast chicken, boiled eggs or cheese to your salad. Fat and protein make you full quicker. I used the diet doctor website for inspiration for recipe. I am on a low carbs high fat. My levels are starting to settle. I am type 2. I also record my food on myfitnespal so I can understand better where I have carbs in my food. I guess you have to work out what is best for you. You are half way there since you have asked for help.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Not really answering your question @Caz_B , but are you testing your blood sugar levels? I would want to know if my symptoms were related to high/low BS. That might help in your choice of snack.

Not really answering your question @Caz_B , but are you testing your blood sugar levels? I would want to know if my symptoms were related to high/low BS. That might help in your choice of snack.
Symptoms that I know my dad suffers
Tired
Shaky
Lightheaded
Cold sweats
Nausea
Chills
Blurred vision
Mood swings
Tingly or numb lips
Fast heartbeat
Faintness
Headaches
Dizzy
Hunger

Caz_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As i am having difficulty getting my bg down i am testing a lot at moment ie two hours after eating to see how foods are affecting my bg. Thank you
Olives , chew sugar free gum ,string cheese , tuna that comes in a packet -dont have to be refridgerated , just have a spoon on ya..

Reactions: nomoredonuts

Caz_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As i am having difficulty getting my bg down i am testing a lot at moment ie two hours after eating to see how foods are affecting my bg. Thank you
Thank you everyone....has been really helpful xx