Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
We know having diabetes can be pretty confusing and stressful, especially for our younger users. Finding a forum with other people your age who have diabetes can be a really helpful tool in coping with your condition. As with any online communication platform, we urge everyone to be wary and stay safe online. Here's some super basic tips for making sure you don't end up having a bad time online.

Don't give out any personal information relating to your friends, family or self. Things like full names, phone numbers and addresses can be dangerous in the hands of the wrong people!

NEVER AGREE TO MEET SOMEONE YOU'VE MET ONLINE. This can be incredibly dangerous, so if you do make friends on this forum make sure you talk to a parent/guardian before arranging any meetings, and ALWAYS go with an adult!

Use your common sense - just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true.

Don't send pictures of yourself to other people!

ALWAYS tell your someone if something you've seen on the internet has made you feel uncomfortable in any way.

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We know having diabetes can be pretty confusing and stressful, especially for our younger users. Finding a forum with other people your age who have diabetes can be a really helpful tool in coping with your condition. As with any online communication platform, we urge everyone to be wary and stay safe online. Here's some super basic tips for making sure you don't end up having a bad time online.

Don't give out any personal information relating to your friends, family or self. Things like full names, phone numbers and addresses can be dangerous in the hands of the wrong people!

NEVER AGREE TO MEET SOMEONE YOU'VE MET ONLINE. This can be incredibly dangerous, so if you do make friends on this forum make sure you talk to a parent/guardian before arranging any meetings, and ALWAYS go with an adult!

Use your common sense - just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true.

Don't send pictures of yourself to other people!

ALWAYS tell your someone if something you've seen on the internet has made you feel uncomfortable in any way.
Thanks for all your help

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O ... So best remove my photo from the show us your self forum :(

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
O ... So best remove my photo from the show us your self forum :(

Your own personal choice with this one Enclave.

Some persons don't mind their own selfies/photos . .
Others do - totally your own choice with this one .

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your own personal choice with this one Enclave.

Some persons don't mind their own selfies/photos . .
Others do - totally your own choice with this one .
I didn't mind .. But thought best follow your advice on this and so have sadly removed images .. I don't have many of me on the web anyway as I not very good with computers .. That's the wife's department !

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Giverny Are there any areas of the forum which prohibit the search engines from crawling and indexing them? If not might it be possible to do this for the youngsters areas to help protect them? I know this can be set up with some forum software.

Thanks, Robbity

Reactions: 6 people

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bumping this thread again.
Should you receive a Private Message asking for personal information or contact details, please report this message.

Think very well about your online safety and the information you want to share with a stranger from the internet before replying to such a request.

Reactions: Lainie71