Night Sweats

cona7351

Hi

I have recently been diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes as a result of chronic pancreatitis. I am on insulin. I use Levemir as my background and Novorapid for my quick acting. I have got my BG levels to a good range through Carb counting.

I have, for the last couple of weeks been suffering with night sweats, which are causing me to wake up, soaking wet and then not being able to sleep for a few hours. I also have pain in my feet and calves.

When I have woken, I have checked my levels and they are fine, usually between 5 and 8. I have also set my alarm and checked them at about 02:00 to 02:30 and they have been fine so I don't think I am having night time hypos.

Does anyone else suffer from this, or have any ideas as to what may be causing it. I have spoken with my Diabetes nurse and she wants to wait and see for a few weeks to see what happens but I am so tired it is affecting my every day life now.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dannii666

Hi I have the sweats some times and my bloods are fine but I find if I have a hypo in the day that I'm like that at night, I'm extremely tired as well. My nurse said my body was still adjusting as I was diagnosed 7 weeks ago, I was in hospital with ketones. I'm type 1

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jules65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before I was diabetic but when I still had Chronic Pancreatitis (I've since had my pancreas removed - long story!) I used to get this, so maybe it is to do with the CP rather than the diabetes?
And well done managing your diabetes!
Jules

cona7351

I hadn't thought of that. The sweats started after I started on the insulin so I assumed it was down to that. I will ask my consultant about it. Thank you very much.

Simon

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I have recently been diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes as a result of chronic pancreatitis. I am on insulin. I use Levemir as my background and Novorapid for my quick acting. I have got my BG levels to a good range through Carb counting.

I have, for the last couple of weeks been suffering with night sweats, which are causing me to wake up, soaking wet and then not being able to sleep for a few hours. I also have pain in my feet and calves.

When I have woken, I have checked my levels and they are fine, usually between 5 and 8. I have also set my alarm and checked them at about 02:00 to 02:30 and they have been fine so I don't think I am having night time hypos.

Does anyone else suffer from this, or have any ideas as to what may be causing it. I have spoken with my Diabetes nurse and she wants to wait and see for a few weeks to see what happens but I am so tired it is affecting my every day life now.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi

I used to have night and day sweats before I had a partial Pancreatectomy. Sweats now stopped, but do occur if I approach a higher than average (for me) BG level. I am not implying that surgery is the answer, it will only be done if really necessary. Had Chronic Pancreatitis with Pseudocyst. Still have Chronic Pancreatitis but no Pseudocyst!